Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 03:11

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 16:05 
Trapper
Trapper

I am looking to purchase a Remington 700 SPS Varmint chambered in 22-250. i am looking for pros and cons, personal experiance with this gun, or other remington 700s. if anyone has any productive input i would really appreciate it. i chose this gun because it fit all my needs, being in no particular order:

1-Low Price
2-Accuracy
3-availability

I know everyone has an opinion about everything, im just looking for some solid input from people who know this weapon, please no bickering or slandering ( unless justified! )

thanks in advance!

-Thomas

I am also looking to purchase the Nikon Coyote Special in 3-9 for it, any reviews on this would also be great.

thanks again

-Thomas

Beaver - 1 big'n
Hand - 2

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 18:12 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

thomask702 wrote:
I am looking to purchase a Remington 700 SPS Varmint chambered in 22-250. i am looking for pros and cons, personal experiance with this gun, or other remington 700s. if anyone has any productive input i would really appreciate it. i chose this gun because it fit all my needs, being in no particular order:

1-Low Price
2-Accuracy
3-availability

I know everyone has an opinion about everything, im just looking for some solid input from people who know this weapon, please no bickering or slandering ( unless justified! )

thanks in advance!

-Thomas

I am also looking to purchase the Nikon Coyote Special in 3-9 for it, any reviews on this would also be great.

thanks again

-Thomas

Thomas, even if Forum members like other rifles better, slander and bickering is NOT TOLERATED on this FORUM! You may get more responses on this topic if you reposted it up on the Camp Fire section. It's best not to give folks instructions when you ask for their input...you can get a lot of humor and info from this bunch by just asking questions, not giving directions. :wink:

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 18:43 
Trapper
Trapper

heck i even got a kick out of reading your coment!!! i like a bit of humor, even jesting isnt so bad. your right, i will re post in the campfire section and leave out the detailed instructions. its good to know that slander and such isnt tolerated, i guess im just used to other, more loosely moderated forums!

-Thomas

Beaver - 1 big'n
Hand - 2

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 20:46 
PSYCHO SASQUATCH
PSYCHO SASQUATCH

Don't know much about the rifle. I've had no problems with the nikon scope I own, on a muzzleloader, and it takes a pounding.

Lifetime:
Red Squirrel- 4 (in the garage)
Beaver- 1
Coyote- 1
Fisher-3
Raccoon- 3
Red Fox- 1
Skunk-1
My left index and middle finger in a 110
Left hand in a 220

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 23:47 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

i own this same gun in a .223 and i love it!

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2011, 11:58 
PROFESSIONAL (MOUSE) TRAPPER
PROFESSIONAL (MOUSE) TRAPPER

Dont have a 700 but have a 743 in 30-06. Great gun. With the right ammo, it very accurate.

2013/14
red fox 3
gray fox 2
coon 3
muskrat 25
mink 1

Hunting
130 lb 4pt buck - Mathews Z7, Grim Reaper 100 gr. at 6 yards.
17 lb tom turkey - Remington Express 20 ga #4 at 10 yards.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 01:24 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

i have a remmington 700 in a 30-06, i purchased it from a friend last fall. It is my first owned remmington rifle. I told the guy i bought it from i wanted to test shoot it before i bought it. At 100 yards with my first 3 shots i could put a nickel of the holes. At 200 yards i shot 3 shots inside 1 1/2 inches, and at 300 yards i had 2 real tight about 1 inch, and one wide that opened it up to about 3 1/2 inches. I was using reloads with 165 grain bullets with 55 grain of reloader 19. I am very happy with this gun espicially for $450 with a leupold scope on it.

I am not going to say they are all like that, one of my friends has a newer model, and you might as well load it with spread shot... tightest we group we had was about 3 inches with that particular gun, and that was also a 30-06, with a similiar grade scope on it.