Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 09:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2007, 14:43 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I bought these bait actually some where gave to me free by blackie's blend because I'm making a trapping video and these where tested last night on 18 diffrent traps using 18 diffrent ways and here was the results
1.Grey Fox Urine and 3-meat predator paste on a big hole set took a (Grey fox)

2. Misty Mountain Red Fox Gland Lure and TKO food gland call on a post set took a (Grey Fox)

3.Grey Fox Urine and Brushmaster Lure at a barn set took a possum

4. Cotote Urine and 3-meat predator paste took a very large raccoon in a old barn dirt hole set.

5. Bobcat urine, mighty mouse bait, and lightfoot bobcat gland lure took a bobcat. Flat set

6. Bobcat urine and light foot gland and 3-meat in a woods scent post took a fox squirrel.
The other sets using diffrent lures and bait had nothing 6/18
All traps where just set yesterday.

Can any one else tell me what they have been using that works well on FOX/COYOTE/and Raccooon

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007, 06:49 
Trapper
Trapper

You must carry alot of bottles :shock:

You say you're making a video? About what? Is this something you intend to market?

If you're catching fox squirrell in cat traps, you may want to rethink your pan tension settings

Personally, I don't use bait, it's either lure, lure & urine, or urine only.

Smitty

up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW-What
a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007, 10:15 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Yes right now I am carrying around alot of bottles so I can test what works. Not going to know until you try, I'm trapping 2,000 acer.
I do use just urine and lures at alot of the set's thats what the lightfoot is,the brushmaster,and red fox gland lure and the TKO is, all lures that I posted, there was only 2 baits the rest where different combo's of urines and lure's.
I'm also testing trap pan tensions, different pan covers, and stakes to Also so I can actually show people on the video what traps look like when there dug out and why. Also as many as different set's as I can. I grew up in Indiana and theres so much game up there you could trap truckfulls of Raccoons, Muskrat and as many beavers and fox and coyotes as you want , Down here in Southern Kentucky theres no where even close to the numbers in the mountian's as the good ole cornfed animals in indiana.
I'm trying to make the trapping video a little different than the same ol
Flat set urine on the backin, lure in the hole with a piece of cotton.
I want people to know (Anti's) that not just any one can blunder out set a trap and catch a fox and when other animals are caught like the squirel
I show releasing it and it ran right up a tree without being hurt, I also show other release, And I also wanted to show other youngsters just starting trapping that even people that know how to catch them we also have are traps dug up and catch skunks and possums and thats its all just apart of the game and you have to try different things if your going to catch wiley red and Urines do work best but after you have caught a few in the same area using the same urine they will shy thats when you can put out a good bait but you have to know what works :lol: