Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 06:49

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mink patience
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2006, 18:13 
Trapper
Trapper

I was telling sombody the other day about having patience with there mink sets. Well i have a mink set that was set on sign the 17 of nov and today i harvested a 30 inch mink on that set. Today is the 19 dec So its like this if you set on mink sign be patient and good things will come. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2006, 19:00 
congratulations! A lot of people don't realize that mink don't run the same length of trail every day. That their trek will take them very very far and that they don't necessarily return 'home' every night.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2006, 19:20 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

Theres not one of us that has put in a set and said to theirselves" this has gotta work" and to find that time is the factor that we cannot control, and that proper preparation doesnt speed it up. Trappers have faith in your sets and when you do it right its only a matter of time and you will connect. if you have too much confidence in an area and you dont get em.. dont dispair, just keep the set in working order as temperature dictates. mink have a pretty good size range and might take a coupla weeks to come your way. i set on a creek on nov1st and didnt connect till the 3rd the 6th and the 16th, they have a pretty good size range and barring another trapper getting them i give any fresh mink sign at least 2 weeks to reapear. instead of setting on location i make several much better places for them to investigate like 2 or 3 hardware cloth mink tunnels in one pinch point where one water feature meets another. transition points seem to be a moneymaker for me. Good luck and be safe