Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 21:59

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006, 18:22 
Trapper
Trapper

After many years of trapping beaver on rivers and streams Ive come to a few conclusions. If you can find a creek or river, stream that has a corn field that banks up to them. I suggest you start beaver trapping there I can almost gurantee you that there will be a beaver in the vicinity. These are the best places for begining beaver trappers to try there luck. And most all farmers will tell you that the beaver destroy alot of corn crops along the banks of these water ways. And if you ask most farmers to trap these spots i have yet to be turned down. If you take the beaver off the creek and show the farmer that you are getting them they will most of the time let you trap the rest of the property. Beaver will drag the stalks down into there dens and eat them. If on the water ways keep your eyes out for the corn stalks sticking out of the bank. These will be the den sites. This again helps begining trapers to find beaver. Because the sign of corn stalks underwater is usually a sure sign of beaver. Then your work begins. If you know of places like this i say go and see if iam right or not. I think you will be pleasently surprised. These beaver seem to follow the corn fields year after year. So where there is corn there are beaver. LOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006, 18:42 
Trapper
Trapper

Thanks for another good tip,it appears I can use anything people have to offer :( My catches have been 0 for a week.I will be on the look out this summer while floating our river.I dont trap beaver now but want to start next year.Thanks Donnie&Ty

fox 5
skunk 2
grinners 3
Thanks Donnie& TY

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006, 19:13 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Great post! Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006, 20:38 
Trapper
Trapper

I am glad to help any body that wants to start trapping but dont know where to start. I remember how hard it was back in the day when i didnt know squat. But i sure wanted to find out that was way before computers ever existed for stuff like this. This is one of the greatest things this old world has ever come up with. Some place to share all these years and the love of trapping. Trapping has been the biggest adventure of my life. Its always different and what ever happens it happens to you. I dont have any body close by to share these things with. And thru this site and the mta. I can lend a hand to some young trapper along the way. This gives me my greatest thrill. Happy trapping