Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:20

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 660 bodygrip
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2007, 21:18 
Trapper
Trapper

wat is the purpose of a 660 bodygrip? why so big? and wat is it used to catch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2007, 21:59 
Trapper
Trapper

It is suppose to be used to span a beavers travel way easier than using sticks and such to fence in a 330. It is used for the same animals that a 330 would be used on. I have never used one but I see the logic behind it. They say that it is not suppose be as constrictive and the animals are more likely to enter into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2007, 23:26 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

If you're thinking about buying some, I'd check the laws first, TN has some of the least restrictive trapping laws of any state from what I've seen and 660s are illegal here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2007, 01:10 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

Ryebear, I don't think 660's are illegal here in TN as long as they are in water, or 12 inches inside a hole. I'm going to work with the TWRA when I get out of college and am interning with the guy that runs the Oak Ridge WMA. I'll check with him to make sure though. By the way ryebear, what part of Tennessee are you from? I'm in West Knoxville.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. -Matthew 5:9

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2007, 19:55 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Middle TN, near the Alabama state line straight south on I-65. I thought the rule was no more than 10 inches wide and tall on bodygrippers, but I could be misinterpreting. Thats really cool that you're working at oak ridge, I've been by there a lot, my best friend's parents are from middle-of-nowhere campbell county that's mostly WMAs and abandoned coal mines and we go there a lot to hunt and fish, havent trapped there, but I plan on doing so sometime, we go through oak ridge to get there. Are there really a lot of stillborn and mutant animals and stuff there? Some dude was telling me there were, but it seems farfetched, but I've never actually done anything there except pass through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008, 01:02 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

Wow, I just looked and I guess I skipped over the part about the 10x10 part. The conibears can't be bigger than 10 inches, I guess I just overlooked it since I don't use coni's that much.

No there aren't that many still births and the such at Oak Ridge. I worked a checking station on the plant for a deer hunt and we only had one come back contaminated with radiation. There are some big deer on the WMA, the biggest one this year was a 15 point. I assume you will be going to the TFHA auction in Crossville this year ryebear, or will you be going somewhere else to sell? I think TNTrapper is coming to Crossville and I'll be there. If we are all going, then we should all meet up somewhere.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. -Matthew 5:9

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008, 18:29 
Trapper
Trapper

Yep illegal in TN, just though Id chime in with all the other Tennessee folks hahah

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008, 21:42 
Trapper
Trapper

i think there great for covering streams, it makes it more convienent then setting some guide sticks all around a 330, they have also taken two beavers in one

muskrats-12
grey fox-1
otter-1
buck mink-2
beaver-5
coon-3
ermine-2
skunk-1