Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 02:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got me a Post....
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 19:35 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

A couple years ago I had to replace the natural gas furnace in my home. It was more then costly...not only because we went with a good brand high efficiency unit but because where the old one was placed was against code and had to be moved. We decided the only good place was up in the semi finished attic that doubles as my fur room. We've been happy with the furnace since.
However almost a year after the replacement, I went up there to gather around my fur working tools in anticipation of working some pelts up for apparel items to be made. When I started looking I found my Necker Flesher was nowhere to be found. I tore the place up looking...no knife. It hit me. Them dirty theiving low accounts that installed my furnace lifted it. I was irrate. I thought about trying to push the issue but at almost a year late, I kinda didn't think a lot could be done...just too darn late. Later I took a Talley up there and also found my Wood handled Case trapper folder gone..as well as both ulu knives and one of them the late Harold Hughes (Redrooster) had made me :x ...as well as my white Teflon flesher wolf made me. Who knows whatelse....if there ever was a man that could be described as a penis if some sort, it was the one who stole right out from my nose like that. What's he need it for? Been 2 years almost and I STILL get so ticked off I can't stand it....
Anyway...I had to flesh an otter with a cheapie fleshing knife that won't take an edge and I got sick of it quick though I got it done. A few weeks ago I ordered a Post fleshing knife and received it a few days ago. Wife took it back and wrapped it in colorful paper and it sits under her fake spruce tree with lights and danglies all over it. Says I can't have it back for a few more days... :lol: My assessment of the thing before she grabbed it back was a sweet one...lol. Razor sharp...great feeling...just the right size. I got a feeling I'm gonna love the thing. I got a yote or two to try her out on after wifey gives it back...

Post subject: Re: Got me a Post....
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 04:57 

That's horrible that the people you paid to replace your furnace came in and stole your knives! Since it's been 2 years I'm sure it's a bit too late to call that company plus you would have to prove it. That makes me sick because I am a project manager for an HVAC company and even though we do more commercial work we do occasionally send our people into private homes to work on heating and air conditioning units. The employees are told to treat every house like it was there own.

Anyway, I have a Post Fleshing Knife also. It is an excellent tool and you'll be pleased how well it works.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 11:51 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

That just plain sucks. Thieves :evil:

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 19:33 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Man that sucks Amak, especially the items that had sentimental value. Sooner or later the guy will pay.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 21:06 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Indeed guys. I'd trade all of it freely to get back that ulu Harold made me...
I can replace the rest.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 21:44 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

If you think you know the guy who did it, I say some nice screws wedged underneath a tire or two about every 3 months for a year should be in order. It won't replace RR's knives but he might be smiling down from above...

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 21:52 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

But, you know Amak that you're a better man than the lowlife and he'll get his just reward by the final JUDGE of all of us. Some flat tires might give us some earthy satisfaction but this guy's redemption should be our goal. MERRY CHRISTMAS and may you have a BLESSED New Year, especially with that new blade!!!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2017, 22:47 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

that's to bad Amak about your loss. I think you will like your post.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 17:19 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

that's just sad .go to a mans house to do some work and then rip him off..what the hell are people thinking...

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 09:20 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

That truly sucks AMAK! Your story is somewhat like my son's, he told me he'd been helping a neighbor out by giving him a lift places and a little money. Then the guy asked him to take him to the pawn shop and my son stops what he is doing and takes the guy to the pawn shop....only to realize later that the guy pawned a pistol he had stolen from my son's truck! My son was able to get back some of the pawned items but not all of them. He doesn't "help" the neighbor anymore. Speaking of Harold and the ULU, he was in the process of putting a handle on one for me when he died but I do still use a skinner knife he made me.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 09:50 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

that neighbor needs tarred and feathered ..or lynched..

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2018, 20:10 
Trapper
Trapper

I had almost all my traps stolen out of the back of my truck a few years ago, and just this summer I had a pistol that was my grandpa's and an AR stolen out of my apartment. So you definitely have my sympathy!