Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 10:51

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FHA Raccoon
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 03:56 

My buddy John received a check from FHA the other day. He said he was shocked because due to shoulder surgery he didn't trap much this year plus he didn't send in anything. After opening the check he said he had sold 5 raccoons for an average of $11.00. He told me that these raccoons had been sitting there for 2 years. Considering raccoons were dang near worthless just a year ago $11.00 each isn't too bad.

Post subject: Re: FHA Raccoon
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 23:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trapperrick wrote:
My buddy John received a check from FHA the other day. He said he was shocked because due to shoulder surgery he didn't trap much this year plus he didn't send in anything. After opening the check he said he had sold 5 raccoons for an average of $11.00. He told me that these raccoons had been sitting there for 2 years. Considering raccoons were dang near worthless just a year ago $11.00 each isn't too bad.

considering 2 years he did well on his cheque.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 22:50 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

After last year's coon prices, I'd be happy (mostly) with $11 average on the masked bandits!!

I like how the Canadians spell "cheque" for what us Americans have brutalized to be "check". Either way, I'll cash one coming from fur, especially as they get larger in size :--D

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017, 07:40 

NonPCfed wrote:
I like how the Canadians spell "cheque" for what us Americans have brutalized to be "check". Either way, I'll cash one coming from fur, especially as they get larger in size :--D

If you look at old written wording from George Washington he wrote proper English.

Centre instead of Center, Elch instead of Elk, Banque instead of Bank and so on. I've always wondered when the "simplification" of English spelling took place in this country.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017, 14:39 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

$11 might be good nowadays, but boy would I love to see 70's prices again . I'd be a coon trappin mofo. 8) :lol:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 19:18 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

doc9013 wrote:
$11 might be good nowadays, but boy would I love to see 70's prices again . I'd be a coon trappin mofo. 8) :lol:
me and you both....

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 22:24 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

NonPCfed wrote:
After last year's coon prices, I'd be happy (mostly) with $11 average on the masked bandits!!

In the USA check is the standard spelling. Using it as a verb or noun. Back in the Day Noah Webster changed the spelling of a lot of English words. Thus this is why the US spells many words differently then other parts of the world. The word cheque is very common through out the world and has to do with British financial institutes which many countries have taken to as proper English and spelling. Sometimes I like your way of spelling.

Putting that aside check or cheque to me has the same monetary value as long as there are lots of zeros behind the first number.