Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/

fill you in on my season
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17275
Page 1 of 1

Author:  wolf1199 [ 05 Dec 2016, 22:30 ]
Post subject:  fill you in on my season

Well has not been long, just over 2 weeks on land critters. Pulled one line today. Never set much up this year. Beaver was good with 86. A few pics so far.

Image
one fisher.

Image

Image

[URL=http://s872.photobucket.com/user/wolf1199/media/P1020612_zpsaxmoueo4.jpg.ht


Image
my 70 lb er this year

Image

Image
a pepy that went to wolf station.

Image
another fisher.

Image
nice marty.

Image
another friggen beaver.

Image
another fisher.

Image
another marty.


Image
another marty.

Image
today, 2 fisher and 2 marties.

Image last week deer in wolf snare, bruised meat but got some off it. 6 point buck.

Shipping fur next week for sale. not much going on after that, but some. Still want to play with the wolf.

Author:  wolf1199 [ 05 Dec 2016, 23:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Forgot Swamp had asked for a kitty this year and got him one.

Image

Xl lynx female. 44 inches long and kept all claws and big feet on for him.

Author:  wannab [ 06 Dec 2016, 08:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Looks like you are having a really good season. Enjoyed the pix.

Author:  Amak [ 06 Dec 2016, 10:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Awesome! That is one big butt beaver on that board! Superb fur Rob!

Author:  Chieftain [ 06 Dec 2016, 10:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

great pic.s...looking good..

Author:  trapperrick [ 06 Dec 2016, 16:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Great pics Wolf!!

I can't get enough of the martin and fisher pictures.

Author:  doc9013 [ 06 Dec 2016, 17:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Great pics wolf !! Good job !

Author:  Swamp Rat [ 07 Dec 2016, 07:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

It may have been a short and fairly warm start to your season, but you sure made some good catches in the short time you did trap! :shock: Those are some good looking catches. I agree with AMAK, that is a hoss of a beaver on the board. I am always impressed that skunks climb up into the marten boxes. Plus that did look like a good sized skunk....maybe not as large as some that Trappintime has posted pictures of in the past.

Author:  wolf1199 [ 07 Dec 2016, 21:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

[quote="Amak"]Awesome! That is one big butt beaver on that board! Superb fur Rob![/quote
yes could have stretched larger but that was full board and no more room. trimmed and made due.

Author:  NonPCfed [ 08 Dec 2016, 08:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

wolf- I always enjoy looking at your marten boxes and their results. I wish that Andy guy from Life Below Zero would adapt to 120s in cubbies instead of having his sable hit 1 1/2 LS and go swinging until the cold temps take them out. Have you caught more of those reddish hued marten this year than normal...? Is that smaller fisher in that one pix with both on the ground a female with the silkier fur..? Someday maybe I catch some sable and fisher. That would be cool!!!

Author:  trappintime [ 08 Dec 2016, 18:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Well that was some fun reading. Thanks for the pics and thinking to take us along on a trip we'll never get on any other way[We still need a dang bowing smiley thingy]. I ain't never thought of setting for skunks up that high but hey whatever works.

Author:  TrapperAL [ 10 Dec 2016, 07:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Wolf, I don't recall you catching that many fischer in seasons past. Are they up this year?

Author:  wolf1199 [ 11 Dec 2016, 08:04 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

NonPCfed wrote:
wolf- I always enjoy looking at your marten boxes and their results. I wish that Andy guy from Life Below Zero would adapt to 120s in cubbies instead of having his sable hit 1 1/2 LS and go swinging until the cold temps take them out. Have you caught more of those reddish hued marten this year than normal...? Is that smaller fisher in that one pix with both on the ground a female with the silkier fur..? Someday maybe I catch some sable and fisher. That would be cool!!!


It must be the camera and the lighting when I took the pic, the marten were brown. Yes the smaller fisher is a female.

TrapperAL wrote:
Wolf, I don't recall you catching that many fischer in seasons past. Are they up this year?


They could be a bit Al but even the last few years there was plenty of fisher sign but nothing wanting to visit my little house with beaver meat. This year they trapped fast and committed to the marten box.

Author:  wolf1199 [ 11 Dec 2016, 08:48 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

Image
beaver to be bagged today and sent to Fur Harvester tomorrow

Image
Castor already shipped.

Author:  trapperrick [ 11 Dec 2016, 14:05 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

I got to ask you Wolf. Are your fisher catches all in 120's or 160's?

Author:  wolf1199 [ 11 Dec 2016, 18:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

trapperrick wrote:
I got to ask you Wolf. Are your fisher catches all in 120's or 160's?


TR we never set specific sets for fisher as we never know what part of the line they will show up on. Marten boxes are key to both species when setting. I use the LDL 120 mag for marten and it also does a number on the fisher no matter how big. I have no 160 traps as they are an odd ball here. What I use are 120's , 220's , 280's and 330's. That covers all my species plus snares.

Author:  Chieftain [ 12 Dec 2016, 09:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

nice pile of beaver for sure..

Author:  longhairboy [ 04 Jan 2017, 11:53 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

wolf1199 wrote:
trapperrick wrote:
I got to ask you Wolf. Are your fisher catches all in 120's or 160's?


TR we never set specific sets for fisher as we never know what part of the line they will show up on. Marten boxes are key to both species when setting. I use the LDL 120 mag for marten and it also does a number on the fisher no matter how big. I have no 160 traps as they are an odd ball here. What I use are 120's , 220's , 280's and 330's. That covers all my species plus snares.


What do you use the 280s for? Otter sets?

Author:  wolf1199 [ 04 Jan 2017, 20:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

longhairboy wrote:
wolf1199 wrote:
trapperrick wrote:
I got to ask you Wolf. Are your fisher catches all in 120's or 160's?


TR we never set specific sets for fisher as we never know what part of the line they will show up on. Marten boxes are key to both species when setting. I use the LDL 120 mag for marten and it also does a number on the fisher no matter how big. I have no 160 traps as they are an odd ball here. What I use are 120's , 220's , 280's and 330's. That covers all my species plus snares.


What do you use the 280s for? Otter sets?


Otter mainly, some times the 330 is to big for spots and the 220 to small so the 280 fits nicely. Also have taken beaver with the 280.

Author:  longhairboy [ 08 Jan 2017, 19:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: fill you in on my season

wolf1199 wrote:
longhairboy wrote:
wolf1199 wrote:
trapperrick wrote:
I got to ask you Wolf. Are your fisher catches all in 120's or 160's?


TR we never set specific sets for fisher as we never know what part of the line they will show up on. Marten boxes are key to both species when setting. I use the LDL 120 mag for marten and it also does a number on the fisher no matter how big. I have no 160 traps as they are an odd ball here. What I use are 120's , 220's , 280's and 330's. That covers all my species plus snares.


What do you use the 280s for? Otter sets?


Otter mainly, some times the 330 is to big for spots and the 220 to small so the 280 fits nicely. Also have taken beaver with the 280.

Thats what I kind of figured. I always thought if I had 120s 220s and 330s I'd be all set for any situation, but maybe I should pick up a 280 or 2

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/