Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 19:06

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 17:13 

Did you guys get this email? What do you think?

http://www.nafa.ca/about/#stewardship

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 18:03 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Sounds like the frickin Liberals' attempts to register guns !! :evil: :evil: I cannot see this being good for trappers.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 19:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I see they are finally getting to this. No Doc every time things go bad is not Liberals fault. This all goes back to the 90s when the push was on for more humane trapping methods so that North America could still sell furs to Europe. That's Canada and the USA. Europe was also included. How ever Europe did next to nothing for implementing trap testing or research as well as Russia. Even thought the stink came from over seas they bypassed that and looked at North America as the foot hold capital and cruel trapping methods. Both the US and Canada had to do something to keep fur flowing. Canada became the leader in trap testing and certification. The USA followed but could not implement the same intensity due to so many States having so many different laws regarding humane trapping methods. They did at that time what they thought was best for trappers. Which was great.
So now getting back to this post, People who buy fur want to know where it came from so that when they sell it they can say harvested humanly. Alaska trappers have come under heat for using 1 and 1 1/2 size traps to catch marten then let them hang till they freeze to death. This is becoming so not acceptable in today's world and although are switching to better methods , its at a snail pace.
For us Doc i fear nothing as trappers with this. On the other hand their could be repercussions south of the border.
Both Auction houses sell wild fur labelled as humane taken but over the years there is speculation as to its authenticity. That is my thinking as to why this is happening. Liberal fault no.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 19:56 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Well wolf I must disagree, and I think your explanation describes the liberal agenda to a tee. Do we really want politicians and people in other countries dictating trapping methods to us ? Do we want them telling us what is humane and what is not humane. ? Every death is a death , who decides what method of death is humane ? Politicians and liberals have closed trapping seasons and methods all over the US because some people don't think it's "humane " . Give me a break. This is a classic case of death by a thousand cuts. This will NOT be good for trappers. They eat away at our freedom one little regulation or law at a time , until we have no freedom. Ask the people in states who cannot set ANY foothold trap, only cage traps. This will snowball into an avalanche. Our trapping methods, seasons, everything will be determined by idiots in DC and other countries, and we all know when they bend us over we won't get kissed. :evil: :evil:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 17:57 

I see exactly what Wolf is leading to. There was a lot of talk in the 1990's about BMP's (Best Management Practices). The European Union (Yes Doc, that ultra liberal faction across the Atlantic) was vowing to stop the trading of fur from North America into Europe. As Wolf stated, the BMP's were pushed hard at first but the state by state regulations really caused havoc because what was considered a good BMP standard in one state may actually not be legal in another. The BMP's actually started falling by the wayside when China entered the fur market because we didn't have to rely on Europe as the main source of selling fur anymore.

That being said, I believe NAFA is attempting to jump start fur sales in any way it can. This may be one way by trying to appease the EU to promote furs in Europe.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 18:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

he BMP's actually started falling by the wayside when China entered the fur market because we didn't have to rely on Europe as the main source of selling fur anymore.

Bingo TR. but it is getting worse as time goes on. With the escalation of various countries probing for war such as China, North Korea and Russia who knows what will take place this trapping season .

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 19:15 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

This is how I imagine the Liberals who disrupt hunting and trapping.