Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 04:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2016, 21:51 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Some of you have probably seen this but for the others who reload their own ammo on WAT this may come as a bummer, although not overly unexpected from our illustrious leadership in Washington. Here's what I wrote on my fb page:

What's the old saying, "if its not broke, why fix it"? So, a person has to wonder why, after decades of no real issues with ordinary citizens buying and using smokless gun powder for reloading ammunition, the federal BATF decides to reclassify most of it as "high explosive" and radically alter the mandated handling of the stuff. I've reloaded center-fire rifle ammo since I was 18 and taken every one of my big game critters (except the first one) with my own loads. But now BATF officials want to mess with me and millions of other law abiding folks for what reason, some sudden public safety concern?? Handling and using smokeless gun powder is about as dangerous as handling a propane tank that you can buy at most hardware stores. But suddenly BATF guys & gals don't think so. Or are they only being mindless toadies following their politically appointed agency head and the bosses up the food chain who have other reasons for the change in regulation?? A gun without ammo is basically a high priced club...

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/08/30/br ... ices-roof/

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2016, 20:53 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Seems to me a bit funny. When in Texas Swamp showed me this stuff that exploded on impact Exploding targets I think. Buy it over the counter. when at home watched a program on this stuff and they blew up a car with it. Now if your government is putting regs on smokeless powder and letting this other stuff sell with out regs. Just makes me wonder what the hell is going on down there. Next it will be your farmers with fertilizer and diesel fuel.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2016, 21:44 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Heard about this the other day. It is a backdoor way to gun control. They can't ban guns , so ban ammo.The pricks are going after gunsmiths too. Don't believe me ? Do some research. I'm telling you folks, you better get involved in this election, like Trump or not, if Hitlery gets elected we are all screwed. If you don't have massive amounts of ammo stored, better buy it now.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2016, 07:31 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yep to doc

wolff- I think you're talking about "tannerite" that is two inert chemical that when mixed and hit with high shock, such as high velocity bullet, explodes. Yeah, I've wonder why that hasn't been dumb. I think its the gulf of understanding between the libs and how "rednecks" like to have fun. They just don't get it. The biggest thing we've blown up with tannerite was a steel wheelbarrow.

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 16:31 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

That stuff I think would work good on beaver dams. Have not seen that up here in stores.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 22:26 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Works good on crows :twisted: :twisted:

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2