Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/

last shipment of fur
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16952
Page 1 of 1

Author:  wolf1199 [ 22 Jan 2016, 23:02 ]
Post subject:  last shipment of fur

Getting ready to send in the next batch of furs for this year. First batch was to FHA and this one to Nafa.

Image

Image

A very short season this year but did get some fur to make a contribution to the auctions.
this batch was 53 marten, 6 red fox, one yote, one fisher and 2 mink. We still have 5 wolves in freezer skinned for pick up on Feb 6th

Checked my grades at Fha today as they are up. 7 select beaver and all otters went as select. Sale starts on Tuesday.

Author:  Swamp Rat [ 23 Jan 2016, 07:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: last shipment of fur

Not your usual amount of fur but all well put up as usual. With the warmer weather, you had to skin the wolves? Who got to enjoy that task? I hope all your fur does as well as can be expected at both fur houses.

Author:  NonPCfed [ 23 Jan 2016, 12:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: last shipment of fur

put my pitiful sized bag on the NAFA truck this morning. At least those hides are out of my garage.

Wolf, you talk about "some" martin (53). Are those all your yours or a bit of a collection from several of you all?? I know for a registered long-liner like you guys that's probably a low number especially with the prices down but its sure nice to see that line of those silky tree mink all in the row :D !! Maybe one day I'll catch ONE!

What's the black fox considered, a silver??

Author:  trapperrick [ 23 Jan 2016, 14:31 ]
Post subject:  Re: last shipment of fur

Dandy looking pelts Wolf!

Best of luck with your lot.

Author:  Chieftain [ 23 Jan 2016, 14:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: last shipment of fur

great looking fur.congrats...

Author:  trappintime [ 23 Jan 2016, 16:50 ]
Post subject:  Re: last shipment of fur

Sure makes using that door a problem, eh. Great looking bunch of skins right there. Good job.

Author:  wolf1199 [ 23 Jan 2016, 18:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: last shipment of fur

Swamp Rat wrote:
Not your usual amount of fur but all well put up as usual. With the warmer weather, you had to skin the wolves? Who got to enjoy that task? I hope all your fur does as well as can be expected at both fur houses.


I did the wolves, now don't get cranky cause you couldn't skin one this time.

trappintime wrote:
Sure makes using that door a problem, eh. Great looking bunch of skins right there. Good job.


For 10 minutes only

NonPCfed wrote:
put my pitiful sized bag on the NAFA truck this morning. At least those hides are out of my garage.

Wolf, you talk about "some" martin (53). Are those all your yours or a bit of a collection from several of you all?? I know for a registered long-liner like you guys that's probably a low number especially with the prices down but its sure nice to see that line of those silky tree mink all in the row :D !! Maybe one day I'll catch ONE!

What's the black fox considered, a silver??


Yes the numbers are low but we did not plan for a large harvest with market conditions being the way they are. Just enough to satisfy the MNR. Those are my sons furs and mine. My helper has his own furs. The black fox is a fisher.
Thanks everyone for the kind comments and lets all hope that we all get a break at auction. Next week will start to tell all.

Author:  doc9013 [ 23 Jan 2016, 18:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: last shipment of fur

Good looking fur as usual wolf. 8)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/