Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 23:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015, 18:13 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 19:06
Posts: 38
Location: Lufkin, Texas
I'm about all done in with hogs this year its getting to hot to mess with them. I can'ty stand skinning anything with mosquitos biting me. Here's todays catch, decent size sow with seven pigs, but pretty sure they didn't all belong to her are maybe she adopted them. Two of them you could still see their stripes and were smaller.
Image

My freezer is getting pretty full. especially since I didn't send any fur off this year except to Moye's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015, 19:00 
Offline
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Joined: 14 Mar 2008, 20:20
Posts: 11734
Location: west virginia
Saratoga wrote:
I'm about all done in with hogs this year its getting to hot to mess with them. I can'ty stand skinning anything with mosquitos biting me. Here's todays catch, decent size sow with seven pigs, but pretty sure they didn't all belong to her are maybe she adopted them. Two of them you could still see their stripes and were smaller.
Image

My freezer is getting pretty full. especially since I didn't send any fur off this year except to Moye's.


Wish I was closer to Texas, I'd skin them suckers for you !! :wink: :wink:

_________________
Those who trade liberty for security shall have neither.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015, 22:14 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 26 Feb 2015, 14:58
Posts: 50
Location: Southeast Texas
I could have shot a ton of them this year, but I am like you, and just tired of messing with them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015, 22:17 
Offline
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Joined: 14 Mar 2008, 20:20
Posts: 11734
Location: west virginia
Chick wrote:
I could have shot a ton of them this year, but I am like you, and just tired of messing with them.



I'll send my daughter down. She likes to stab them. 8) 8)

_________________
Those who trade liberty for security shall have neither.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 08:38 
Offline
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 14:48
Posts: 415
Location: River of Turtles, South Florida
Saratoga, you ever try "turkey frying" a small one? We've been thinking of trying it. Keep the body whole after gutting and skinning, then batter/flour the whole thing and drop it in a turkey fryer. We just haven't found one small enough to shoot though.

_________________
Indian build little fire stand way close. White man build big fire stand way back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 10:10 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 19:06
Posts: 38
Location: Lufkin, Texas
Hey Loxahatchee. you must be a genius!!! My wife and I were sitting around and trying to think of a different way to cook them and frying one like a turkey never occurred to me. I'm definitely gonna try that even if I have to split it to get it to go into my turkey fryer. That's thinking outside the box (or Smoker) lol. Will let you know how it works out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 11:57 
Offline
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2008, 12:18
Posts: 16404
Location: Lufkin, TX
Saratoga wrote:
Hey Loxahatchee. you must be a genius!!! My wife and I were sitting around and trying to think of a different way to cook them and frying one like a turkey never occurred to me. I'm definitely gonna try that even if I have to split it to get it to go into my turkey fryer. That's thinking outside the box (or Smoker) lol. Will let you know how it works out.


I'm only a couple of miles away Saratoga....just in case you need a second opinion on how it turns out. :roll:

_________________
Actions Speak Louder Than Words


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 18:02 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 26 Nov 2007, 11:42
Posts: 190
Location: Northern Maine
Looks like fun! I am sure too much of a good thing gets old!

_________________
Fur Shed 2014
Muskrats - 48
Beaver - 5
Otter - 1
Coon - 6
Fisher - 7
Ermine - 3
Mink - 0
Marten - 17
Fox - 0
Coyote - 5
Skunk - 0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 18:20 
Offline
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 23:33
Posts: 11285
Location: Alberta, Canada
TrapperChris wrote:
Looks like fun! I am sure too much of a good thing gets old!


A very wise statement. 8|-


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group