Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 07:59

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WFSC Rebate
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 14:30 
Trapper
Trapper

Ok, this is my second year shipping to NAFA, as well as being a WFSC member. Can anyone tell me how the rebate works? Do they send a check or give an additional discount on the commision?

Post subject: Re: WFSC Rebate
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 16:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

You get both I believe

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 17:17 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

It CAN be both. But what you can count on is the break in commision of 9% as compared to 11%, and free freight. When NAFA (WFSC) does better then expected, they give an additional break in commision. Of course that doesn't always happen. When it does happen they will announce it and will state your new lower commision rate. The difference is then put on your NEXT years first fur check. The rebate isnt a gaurantee, but is very nice if it happens. Rebates paid my membership fee this time around and then "some"....a good amount "some". The more money you bring in the more your rebate will be naturally. I wouldnt count on rebates this year...

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 17:39 
Trapper
Trapper

Ok, thanks for info!!! As always its much appreciated.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 17:43 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I am a member. They sent me some sort of retroactive enrollment option a couple years ago. Basically they used some of the commission they took to pay for my membership. I ended up paying $25 out of my next fur check. It is worth it if you will be shipping any quantity of fur.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 20:23 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Browning625 wrote:
Ok, this is my second year shipping to NAFA, as well as being a WFSC member. Can anyone tell me how the rebate works? Do they send a check or give an additional discount on the commision?

This is how it works. By joining the wild fur shippers council which is $100.00 for 5 years and can be deducted from your furs when the sale is complete. Instead of paying 11% commission you pay 9%. If a person sends in a lot of fur then that is already a big saving. Second thing is that Nafa has been giving additional rebates over the last few years. Started with 3% then progressed to 5% last year or just over. The bad thing is that you do not get the rebate for that years fur sales. Like Amak said that won't happen till the following year starting first sale after January. You also have to have fur on next years sale to collect. If you had a rebate from last year but did not send fur this year then you will have nothing paid out till you send some more fur. They do not send out rebate cheques but are added into this years fur sale. Just a little trick they use to get your repeat business for the following year. My account is showing almost $500.00 from last year but wil not get it till I send fur in. Not going to happen this year. Next year I will ship some fur there way to collect. If you want to see how much rebate you have from last years sale just log in to your account and scroll down to you see financial report. Click on it and right at the bottom you will see how much you have coming to you. They cannot take that away from you but will not pay it out till you send fur the following year.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015, 12:15 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

wolf1199 wrote:
My account is showing almost $500.00 from last year but wil not get it till I send fur in. Not going to happen this year.

You're not shipping any this year?

BAIT? URINE? LURE? DON'T NEED IT WHEN I'M USING MB'S!

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015, 12:41 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I hate to answer for wolf but i already ask that question. He is sending his fur to FHA this year and his sons furs go to NAFA. I suspect that next year they will reverse that. Pretty dang frugal if you ask me. That way all that fur they depend on every year isnt in the hands of one operator. Kind of like spreading your money, savings/investments around in case one collapses. If I took any more fur then I do, i'd do the same thing now that I get it.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015, 12:48 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

If you were to store fur for an extended period of time what do you think is the best method? Store it green or finished(put up)?

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015, 13:18 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Depends on amount of time. Rolled up and all areas of the leather side of the pelt covered up, pelts can make 2 Yrs green in the freezer. Dont know beyond that. You can also store finished hides at NAFA's facility. Just call them and let them know when you want to sell and when you dont and they will hold them. I dont know beyond a year on that though. Ive also kept afew finished hides in the freezer for a year.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015, 16:20 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

There are zip loc bags the size of fur bags you can buy online to store them in.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015, 16:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Good idea! Thanks Rich and Jase! Where do you get them Richard? What site?

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015, 16:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

HappyTrapper wrote:
Good idea! Thanks Rich and Jase! Where do you get them Richard? What site?

uline. They have a website. Order their catalog. It's free and big. They sell everything under the sun. I have the catalog and just gave one to Frost.