Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 23:44

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am a trapper again!
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2015, 11:23 
Trapper
Trapper

I made it step "right there". There is something about getting a wise critter to step where you want him to, huh? Got a coyote last night. Bridger number 3 offset was set for about 6 days, had reset on Saturday after a storm. Friday a yote had stepped on the pan, but the drifting snow had crusted over the trap. Kids are wild, wife is meh, ( she probably is worried about the finances regarding my new addiction, and worries about how many traps I actually need!), and I am ecstatic! First trapped yote in 20 ish years. I hate that I took a 20 year hiatus. Kicking myself for that. Got to thin out these crafty lamb eaters. Took a pic on my phone, will try to see if I can get a pic up with my limited tech savvy... Phone is dead right now, bear with me...

I gotta order more traps... lol

Cheers!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2015, 12:09 

Congrats!! Where's the pic??? Don't feel too bad, I didn't even start trapping till age 41. Wish I had started much younger.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2015, 12:15 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Congrats!!! Thats awesome! Once a trapper always a trapper. It never leaves your blood. I have several acquaintances that werent outdoor types that now trap at least a little every fall and a few dont even hunt. Take your wife on the line. Let her set a few traps of her own. You may be surprised with her new addiction too? Congrats again.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 01:23 
Trapper
Trapper

Congratulations nothing like seeing a yote sitting at a location hope you get to add some more to you catch soon

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 05:10 

Way to go!! Pictures would be cool!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 13:58 
Trapper
Trapper

Hey guys. My phone pictures I took, sucked. I mean you can hardly see the coyote. In the excitement, I thought I had zoomed in. It is a slight lump through the trees. I know, excuses, right?

I will get better pics next time, honest. Postable pictures! I guess I have to join the, "it didn't happen club". I would rather be in that club, than in the what the heck is that grey blob at half a mile, club.

I am ashamed. Sorry guys. :oops:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 16:38 
Trapper
Trapper

Congrats on the yote Flattail

grinner 1

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 17:48 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

flattail wrote:
Hey guys. My phone pictures I took, sucked. I mean you can hardly see the coyote. In the excitement, I thought I had zoomed in. It is a slight lump through the trees. I know, excuses, right?

I will get better pics next time, honest. Postable pictures! I guess I have to join the, "it didn't happen club". I would rather be in that club, than in the what the heck is that grey blob at half a mile, club.

There might be some kidding and ribbing one another about no pics, but I dont think a single person will claim it didnt happen because there isnt a good pic. We LIKE pics, but we dont REQUIRE pics. There are some very excellent trappers on here that have a personal conviction about posting their catch pics, and others that just flat cant figure it out. No big deal.....dont let that drag you down from the high of that memorable catch. Pic taking, esp with a phone, requires a learning curve too, like trapping does. You'll learn what makes a good shot in a few tries. Hang in there, and when you get it done, post if you like...but dont feel obligated for some kind of proof. I think anyone can see you are excited.

Im sure there has been those that dont post pics of said catches because they stretch the truth a bit, but really they are only cheating themselfs in doing that and settling for that. I dont think that is the case here with you. :wink:

You'll get it next time!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 20:14 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Amak wrote:
flattail wrote:

There might be some kidding and ribbing one another about no pics, but I dont think a single person will claim it didnt happen because there isnt a good pic. We LIKE pics, but we dont REQUIRE pics. There are some very excellent trappers on here that have a personal conviction about posting their catch pics, and others that just flat cant figure it out. No big deal.....dont let that drag you down from the high of that memorable catch. Pic taking, esp with a phone, requires a learning curve too, like trapping does. You'll learn what makes a good shot in a few tries. Hang in there, and when you get it done, post if you like...but dont feel obligated for some kind of proof. I think anyone can see you are excited.

Im sure there has been those that dont post pics of said catches because they stretch the truth a bit, but really they are only cheating themselfs in doing that and settling for that. I dont think that is the case here with you. :wink:

You'll get it next time!

x2. I get plenty of pics, but it's my wife that does all the uploading onto photo bucket frome my phone or my camera. I just don't get it. :oops: After much tutorial from her I can get them from pb to wat now, but it took a while. If it wasn't for her there would be no pics from me to share on here. No puter savvy on my part. :oops: