Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 15:32

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 21:37 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

wolf1199 wrote:
Amak I think TrapperAl experienced that two years ago. I am now at 214 wolves over the years and last year swamp skinned one for me and the year before two. Lot of wolves I have skinned over the years and stink to go with it. Part of the game. I think swamp could skin anything with stench as it does not seem to bother him. As for myself that's a different matter. Being a gentleman trapper my stomach cannot handle vulgar odour. :mrgreen: .

I am like Swamp, I can handle pretty raunch smells. :roll:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 21:44 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Amak wrote:

Richard.....I'll make sure and remember to share abundantly some of that "brotherly love" with you next time we get together!!! :twisted:

Need a, Nose plug shocked face here. "Oh Lord please be with me when this time comes and please have mercy on Richard, Amen." :shock: :--o

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 21:46 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Richard Murray wrote:
Amak wrote:

Richard.....I'll make sure and remember to share abundantly some of that "brotherly love" with you next time we get together!!! :twisted:

Need a, Nose plug shocked face here. "Oh Lord please be with me when this time comes and please have mercy on Richard, Amen." :shock: :--o

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 13:02 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

breaker 19, breaker 19......hows about it wolf, you got your ears on?

I bet THAT isn't known by the younger crowd!

Seriously, how you doing brother wolf?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2014, 12:08 

Swamp Rat wrote:
wolf1199 wrote:

Amak no more butt plugs for me, we sell our wolf in the round now...........and AMEN TO THAT :--D

What everyone doesn't see is the coughing and gagging cameraman (WOLF). :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can practically smell that thing from here :--?
Richard, coyotes are no comparison to the stink of a wolf, even though they do stink, at least yote smell come out of your clothes....not wolf stink.
Wolf, on top of the stinky skinning, dang thing was frozen....toughest animal I have skinned to date. Nice to see you lowering the boom on em, the whitetails appreciate you also!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2014, 19:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

David and Bobbie came in last night from their trap line. 2 marten was all they had to show for the weekend. They have started to pull some of the side trails. This morning I went out to check and start pulling some side trails -29 this morning when I left and never got above - 25 for a high. Wind chill was riding around the - 40 mark. Frosty day for sure. I did pick up 7 marten and one mink. The fisher was still active and had 2 of them at my sets but they did not climb to the box. Lots of fox sign and some have come close to going in to my sets. The wolf has now vanished and hope they return soon so I can snag a few more before I pull every thing. No otter moving thus far. Rest day tomorrow and skin and replace my handle bar warmers on the bike. Wednesday will be a warmer day to go pull the other line.

not bad for an ole timer

How am I doing amak. I feel a whole lot better now that I'm pulling things up. One more week and that will be the end for me.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2014, 21:09 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Looking good wolf. Great pictures too.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2014, 22:54 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Nice haul Wolf! 8) -40 wind chill! :shock: Glat I'm in the land of OZ. :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2014, 23:12 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Don't be a quitter Wolf! You know you can last more than another week! :roll: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2014, 16:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yesterday went and pulled the south east line. Very dismal check. One marten and one mink. Anyway I'm done there for this year down there. Today went south west to pull all my marten boxes and some otter sets and one wolf set.

first wolf that I seen when walking in to the set and found the other one 20 feet to the right of it.

that makes 7 so far this year and puts me at 220 using snares :D

this is the type of bush I look for when setting bait stations to hang snares. That's were these two came out of

tail gate pic, find the weasel

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2014, 18:16 
Trapper
Trapper

Beautiful critters for sure. Thanks for the pics Wolf

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2014, 18:59 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Weasel is on top of the wolf. Took some time though.lol. Nice haul Wolf! I would love to have a crack at some wolf some day. That would be so cool. 8)

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2014, 10:40 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Good job wolf !

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2014, 17:21 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Boys came in tonight. They faired beater then me. One cat. One fox, one otter and 5 marten and one fisher and weasel. They said the cats are on the move and should of have had more and the wolf has finally came back. Next week they are pulling all sets regardless.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2014, 17:27 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

That one marten looks huge. Looks to be twice the size of the others not he table. Great pics

Live Free or Die

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 09:56 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

WCS wrote:
That one marten looks huge. Looks to be twice the size of the others not he table. Great pics

That's a very large male, should go xxL

That's right Richard the weasel was in the wolf legs.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2014, 20:17 

Awesome pics Wolf! Thanks for sharing :)

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2014, 15:28 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

All my fur is bagged and sent to FHA. Looks bare now over in the corner. Kids still have their fur and are still adding to the pile before the NAFA pick up Jan 16th. I will head out tomorrow to check on my wolf and fox sets and 2 otter sets. Tomorrow will be on the plus side for temps, hard to believe.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2014, 20:46 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

wolf that is awesome you really can put up the fur

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2014, 23:20 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

wolf1199 wrote:
All my fur is bagged and sent to FHA. Looks bare now over in the corner. Kids still have their fur and are still adding to the pile before the NAFA pick up Jan 16th. I will head out tomorrow to check on my wolf and fox sets and 2 otter sets. Tomorrow will be on the plus side for temps, hard to believe.

So your sending to fha agian this year? I sent 4 beaver there last year and didn't sell a single one. Still sitting there. :roll:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 06:57 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

I hope FHA is all you plan for it to be. They are the lucky lotto winners this season for getting your furs! It looks like you have taught the boys well and they are getting their feet under themselves on David's "new lines". Being #1 comes with some responsibilities.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 18:43 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Swamp Rat wrote:
I hope FHA is all you plan for it to be. They are the lucky lotto winners this season for getting your furs! It looks like you have taught the boys well and they are getting their feet under themselves on David's "new lines". Being #1 comes with some responsibilities.

FHA always says they have the best beaver sale in January because that's when the Montreal fur buyers attend. Don't know for sure till one try's. Anyway I'm not holding my breath for good fur prises this year at both places.

Picked up George this morning and headed out. Figured he as might well travel with me and I can drive him to his sets rather then take two trucks. He got 3 marten, one mink and 2 weasels. For myself and my wolf sets and otter, not a good day. First otter set I came to I could see slider tracks going up over the beaver dam and into the breach I hade made with the trap out and under the water. My high hopes were dashed as the water level had dropped to much exposing my trap. The top of the trap had ice on it and the otter went right over top. The next two otter sets had nothing come through yet. The last set held one otter which the wolves made a meal of.

I was not impressed

About 1/2 mile down the road I had made a new wolf set 2 weeks prior. Pay back came there

I had 2 more wolves brush 2 snares aside at that set and on the other wolf set the same thing. Added a few more snares to both sets and on the way out set up one more otter set. Next week some time will head back down for another check and maybe a few more wolves and some whole otter. :--D

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 19:14 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Bad about the otter but good about the wolf and prospects of a couple more soon.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 22:10 

And I thought that nothing would eat an otter! I watched a roadkill otter everyday on the way to work for 2-3 weeks...absolutely nothing touched it. Not even the ravens wanted it. Sorry that the wolves ate yours. I'm thinking you got the best of em anyways! What's the count up to now?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 09:09 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

TrapperAL wrote:
And I thought that nothing would eat an otter! I watched a roadkill otter everyday on the way to work for 2-3 weeks...absolutely nothing touched it. Not even the ravens wanted it. Sorry that the wolves ate yours. I'm thinking you got the best of em anyways! What's the count up to now?

Don't feel bad, many a trapper think that wolf won't eat otter. They may not be on the wolfs fine dine list but do eat them when hungry. This is not the first one and won't be the last one I lose to them I'm sure. What's my count up to? Not sure if your talking otter or wolf. Otter would have been 6 and wolf is 8

How did you make out with your fisher and marten this year?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next