Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 03:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 21:52 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Now that was funny Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm bustin a gut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :--o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 05:53 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yeah I'm stilling getting skunks and coons right now with my cages arouind the neighbourhood

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 10:04 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

[img]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y438/rattrapper94/5111fb94-29e7-4f17-bd91-5327c06a8fa0zpsff71d3bd.jpg[/img] Sorry for the pic issues! :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 18:21 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Richard Murray wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Kansas is going to be too beat up to trap this season! :D Mohawk you in on this too!??!?!! Come on guys this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Yes, Mohawk is in on it to, and it looks like Rick joined the club too! Looks like you'll have to make a trip to Pa also!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup, definitely going to have to stop in PA Richard! That fisher picture is too much for me to take! :evil: :evil: :evil: :D

BAIT? URINE? LURE? DON'T NEED IT WHEN I'M USING MB'S!

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 18:49 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

That fisher was really cool!! Whish we had them here in Kansas. :(

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 20:23 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

ok they are some good pic of catches, and i thought i had the itch but now i really have it after seeing thoughs pics thanks for sharing how many of you guys are ready for fall i'm almost done just got to make a 100 or so more snare and then i cant wait for yote season to start

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 00:12 
Trapper
Trapper

I was missing it, even more now after seeing those pictures. Now i'm really cranked but glad there is still time, it has been a busy summer and still have lots of preparing left to do.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 10:51 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

HappyTrapper wrote:
Richard Murray wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Kansas is going to be too beat up to trap this season! :D Mohawk you in on this too!??!?!! Come on guys this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Yes, Mohawk is in on it to, and it looks like Rick joined the club too! Looks like you'll have to make a trip to Pa also!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup, definitely going to have to stop in PA Richard! That fisher picture is too much for me to take! :evil: :evil: :evil: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Happy, after dealing all that butt whuppin, you will be in prime shape for trappin season! :wink:

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 14:03 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

And, since Happy is going to deplete Kansas of it's trappers for this next coming season, maybe when he comes down to kick our butts, he should stay a while and we can show him what it is like to trap down here. :--D You know, just to make up for the lost trappers :roll:

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 15:33 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

That's not fair. No trapping for me this year. I will be relaxing in my lazy boy healing from Happy's butt whuppin. :cry: I guess while he is down here he don't have to bring any traps, he can use mine. 8) But then again he probably would not want to use my junky Mb 650's!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 18:37 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Mohawk wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Richard Murray wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Kansas is going to be too beat up to trap this season! :D Mohawk you in on this too!??!?!! Come on guys this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Yes, Mohawk is in on it to, and it looks like Rick joined the club too! Looks like you'll have to make a trip to Pa also!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Happy, after dealing all that butt whuppin, you will be in prime shape for trappin season! :wink:

Well I need something to get me in shape! Planning on giving the Kansas boys a run for their money on the coon count this year! :--o

cat-man-jr wrote:
And, since Happy is going to deplete Kansas of it's trappers for this next coming season, maybe when he comes down to kick our butts, he should stay a while and we can show him what it is like to trap down here. :--D You know, just to make up for the lost trappers :roll:

Well there will still be a couple trappers left down there I think....there have to be a couple from down south that were smart enough to keep their stinkin' pictures to themselves! I think I might just have to swing down there during trapping season, and after you folks recover from your butts getting kicked I'll help you check traps.

Richard Murray wrote:
That's not fair. No trapping for me this year. I will be relaxing in my lazy boy healing from Happy's butt whuppin. :cry: I guess while he is down here he don't have to bring any traps, he can use mine. 8) But then again he probably would not want to use my junky Mb 650's!!!! :mrgreen:

You can keep those good for nothin 650's. I will stick with my Dukes :wink: Glad to hear you got some 650's Richard! They are awesome to bed, the whole "no loose jaw" thing really makes for a stable trap-wait what am I saying, by the time I leave Kansas there will be all sorts of jaws "loosened" up! :D

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 19:19 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

HappyTrapper wrote:
cat-man-jr wrote:

Well there will still be a couple trappers left down there I think....there have to be a couple from down south that were smart enough to keep their stinkin' pictures to themselves! I think I might just have to swing down there during trapping season, and after you folks recover from your butts getting kicked I'll help you check traps.

I don't know if you'll be able to hang with us coon trapping, at least not for a few days till you get use to it. Your gonna be sore for a few days :wink: Of course that will help you get in shape for your own coon trapping.

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 22:36 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Happy, now that I got my 650's I will have to send you my bait, lure and urine. I have no need for it now!!!!! :wink: :--D 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 18:14 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Richard Murray wrote:
Happy, now that I got my 650's I will have to send you my bait, lure and urine. I have no need for it now!!!!! :wink: :--D 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I like that proposition, however shipping could be pretty tricky with the bait, lure and urine, maybe you should just send me the 650's! :D

HappyTrapper wrote:
I don't know if you'll be able to hang with us coon trapping

Oh it's on Jr., it................is..........................................on :P

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 19:29 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

HappyTrapper wrote:
Richard Murray wrote:

I like that proposition, however shipping could be pretty tricky with the bait, lure and urine, maybe you should just send me the 650's! :D

HappyTrapper wrote:
I don't know if you'll be able to hang with us coon trapping

Oh it's on Jr., it................is..........................................on :P

So when you coming down? Gotta know when to put you to work. I need some one to huck coons out of the creek bottoms for me at 3 in the morning :twisted:

Oh, and brush up on your blind sets, we don't use them nasty pockets :P

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 21:02 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

cat-man-jr wrote:
So when you coming down? Gotta know when to put you to work. I need some one to huck coons out of the creek bottoms for me at 3 in the morning

Oh, and brush up on your blind sets, we don't use them nasty pockets

By the time you southern bells start trapping in Dec I will already have my 100 coons for the year :D If we wait for the coons to be mostly prime around here you can forget catching them. They don't seem to move much in 20 below zero temps. Have to get them in the last part of Oct. or early Nov., even then if temps drop quick you miss the chance to really pound them. I noticed that last year when doing the pocket sets, seemed like as soon as the river had ice on it the catch dropped by 80%.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 22:07 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

This next coming year, we start either the 13th or 14th of November. We'll be running coons from then till first of December, or lay up, whichever comes first. Normally puts us around a certain number of coons for that two weeks or so, if we run around our normal number of traps. We may do more, but I can't release that much info to the "opposition" at this time :P