Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 03:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 21:52 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2010, 11:58
Posts: 1306
Location: Kansas
Now that was funny Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm bustin a gut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :--o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

_________________
A WISE MAN PROFITS BY THE MISTAKES HE MAKES.
A FOOL NEVER SEES THE ONE HE MAKES. (Harold Warp)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 05:53 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 16:50
Posts: 1070
Location: South Eastern NB
Yeah I'm stilling getting skunks and coons right now with my cages arouind the neighbourhood

_________________
13/14 hunt/trap season
Geese-13
Grouse-1
Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)



Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 10:04 
Offline
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User
User avatar

Joined: 07 May 2013, 09:33
Posts: 275
Location: Atlantic,PA
[img]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y438/rattrapper94/5111fb94-29e7-4f17-bd91-5327c06a8fa0zpsff71d3bd.jpg[/img] Sorry for the pic issues! :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 18:21 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 20:41
Posts: 1580
Location: Minnesota
Richard Murray wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Kansas is going to be too beat up to trap this season! :D Mohawk you in on this too!??!?!! Come on guys this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:


Yes, Mohawk is in on it to, and it looks like Rick joined the club too! Looks like you'll have to make a trip to Pa also!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yup, definitely going to have to stop in PA Richard! That fisher picture is too much for me to take! :evil: :evil: :evil: :D

_________________
Be patient and persevere; even the darkest night eventually gives way to the light of day.

BAIT? URINE? LURE? DON'T NEED IT WHEN I'M USING MB'S!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 18:49 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2010, 11:58
Posts: 1306
Location: Kansas
That fisher was really cool!! Whish we had them here in Kansas. :(

_________________
A WISE MAN PROFITS BY THE MISTAKES HE MAKES.
A FOOL NEVER SEES THE ONE HE MAKES. (Harold Warp)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 20:23 
Offline
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

Joined: 09 Feb 2013, 19:51
Posts: 19
ok they are some good pic of catches, and i thought i had the itch but now i really have it after seeing thoughs pics thanks for sharing how many of you guys are ready for fall i'm almost done just got to make a 100 or so more snare and then i cant wait for yote season to start


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 00:12 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 20:34
Posts: 238
Location: Michigan
I was missing it, even more now after seeing those pictures. Now i'm really cranked but glad there is still time, it has been a busy summer and still have lots of preparing left to do.

_________________
For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. THOMAS JEFFERSON


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 10:51 
Offline
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
User avatar

Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 07:07
Posts: 5392
HappyTrapper wrote:
Richard Murray wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Kansas is going to be too beat up to trap this season! :D Mohawk you in on this too!??!?!! Come on guys this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:


Yes, Mohawk is in on it to, and it looks like Rick joined the club too! Looks like you'll have to make a trip to Pa also!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yup, definitely going to have to stop in PA Richard! That fisher picture is too much for me to take! :evil: :evil: :evil: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Happy, after dealing all that butt whuppin, you will be in prime shape for trappin season! :wink:

_________________
Roadkill is a redneck's paycheck- Jase Robertson

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 14:03 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2010, 16:21
Posts: 3987
Location: Kansas
And, since Happy is going to deplete Kansas of it's trappers for this next coming season, maybe when he comes down to kick our butts, he should stay a while and we can show him what it is like to trap down here. :--D You know, just to make up for the lost trappers :roll:

_________________
Image Image



"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 15:33 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2010, 11:58
Posts: 1306
Location: Kansas
That's not fair. No trapping for me this year. I will be relaxing in my lazy boy healing from Happy's butt whuppin. :cry: I guess while he is down here he don't have to bring any traps, he can use mine. 8) But then again he probably would not want to use my junky Mb 650's!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

_________________
A WISE MAN PROFITS BY THE MISTAKES HE MAKES.
A FOOL NEVER SEES THE ONE HE MAKES. (Harold Warp)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 18:37 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 20:41
Posts: 1580
Location: Minnesota
Mohawk wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Richard Murray wrote:
HappyTrapper wrote:
Kansas is going to be too beat up to trap this season! :D Mohawk you in on this too!??!?!! Come on guys this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :mrgreen:


Yes, Mohawk is in on it to, and it looks like Rick joined the club too! Looks like you'll have to make a trip to Pa also!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yup, definitely going to have to stop in PA Richard! That fisher picture is too much for me to take! :evil: :evil: :evil: :D

:lol: Happy, after dealing all that butt whuppin, you will be in prime shape for trappin season! :wink:


Well I need something to get me in shape! Planning on giving the Kansas boys a run for their money on the coon count this year! :--o

cat-man-jr wrote:
And, since Happy is going to deplete Kansas of it's trappers for this next coming season, maybe when he comes down to kick our butts, he should stay a while and we can show him what it is like to trap down here. :--D You know, just to make up for the lost trappers :roll:


Well there will still be a couple trappers left down there I think....there have to be a couple from down south that were smart enough to keep their stinkin' pictures to themselves! I think I might just have to swing down there during trapping season, and after you folks recover from your butts getting kicked I'll help you check traps.

Richard Murray wrote:
That's not fair. No trapping for me this year. I will be relaxing in my lazy boy healing from Happy's butt whuppin. :cry: I guess while he is down here he don't have to bring any traps, he can use mine. 8) But then again he probably would not want to use my junky Mb 650's!!!! :mrgreen:


You can keep those good for nothin 650's. I will stick with my Dukes :wink: Glad to hear you got some 650's Richard! They are awesome to bed, the whole "no loose jaw" thing really makes for a stable trap-wait what am I saying, by the time I leave Kansas there will be all sorts of jaws "loosened" up! :D

_________________
Be patient and persevere; even the darkest night eventually gives way to the light of day.

BAIT? URINE? LURE? DON'T NEED IT WHEN I'M USING MB'S!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 19:19 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2010, 16:21
Posts: 3987
Location: Kansas
HappyTrapper wrote:
cat-man-jr wrote:
And, since Happy is going to deplete Kansas of it's trappers for this next coming season, maybe when he comes down to kick our butts, he should stay a while and we can show him what it is like to trap down here. :--D You know, just to make up for the lost trappers :roll:


Well there will still be a couple trappers left down there I think....there have to be a couple from down south that were smart enough to keep their stinkin' pictures to themselves! I think I might just have to swing down there during trapping season, and after you folks recover from your butts getting kicked I'll help you check traps.


I don't know if you'll be able to hang with us coon trapping, at least not for a few days till you get use to it. Your gonna be sore for a few days :wink: Of course that will help you get in shape for your own coon trapping.

_________________
Image Image



"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 22:36 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2010, 11:58
Posts: 1306
Location: Kansas
Happy, now that I got my 650's I will have to send you my bait, lure and urine. I have no need for it now!!!!! :wink: :--D 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

_________________
A WISE MAN PROFITS BY THE MISTAKES HE MAKES.
A FOOL NEVER SEES THE ONE HE MAKES. (Harold Warp)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 18:14 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 20:41
Posts: 1580
Location: Minnesota
Richard Murray wrote:
Happy, now that I got my 650's I will have to send you my bait, lure and urine. I have no need for it now!!!!! :wink: :--D 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:


I like that proposition, however shipping could be pretty tricky with the bait, lure and urine, maybe you should just send me the 650's! :D



HappyTrapper wrote:
I don't know if you'll be able to hang with us coon trapping


Oh it's on Jr., it................is..........................................on :P

_________________
Be patient and persevere; even the darkest night eventually gives way to the light of day.

BAIT? URINE? LURE? DON'T NEED IT WHEN I'M USING MB'S!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 19:29 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2010, 16:21
Posts: 3987
Location: Kansas
HappyTrapper wrote:
Richard Murray wrote:
Happy, now that I got my 650's I will have to send you my bait, lure and urine. I have no need for it now!!!!! :wink: :--D 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:


I like that proposition, however shipping could be pretty tricky with the bait, lure and urine, maybe you should just send me the 650's! :D



HappyTrapper wrote:
I don't know if you'll be able to hang with us coon trapping


Oh it's on Jr., it................is..........................................on :P



So when you coming down? Gotta know when to put you to work. I need some one to huck coons out of the creek bottoms for me at 3 in the morning :twisted:

Oh, and brush up on your blind sets, we don't use them nasty pockets :P

_________________
Image Image



"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 21:02 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 20:41
Posts: 1580
Location: Minnesota
cat-man-jr wrote:
So when you coming down? Gotta know when to put you to work. I need some one to huck coons out of the creek bottoms for me at 3 in the morning

Oh, and brush up on your blind sets, we don't use them nasty pockets



By the time you southern bells start trapping in Dec I will already have my 100 coons for the year :D If we wait for the coons to be mostly prime around here you can forget catching them. They don't seem to move much in 20 below zero temps. Have to get them in the last part of Oct. or early Nov., even then if temps drop quick you miss the chance to really pound them. I noticed that last year when doing the pocket sets, seemed like as soon as the river had ice on it the catch dropped by 80%.

_________________
Be patient and persevere; even the darkest night eventually gives way to the light of day.

BAIT? URINE? LURE? DON'T NEED IT WHEN I'M USING MB'S!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 22:07 
Offline
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper
User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2010, 16:21
Posts: 3987
Location: Kansas
This next coming year, we start either the 13th or 14th of November. We'll be running coons from then till first of December, or lay up, whichever comes first. Normally puts us around a certain number of coons for that two weeks or so, if we run around our normal number of traps. We may do more, but I can't release that much info to the "opposition" at this time :P

_________________
Image Image



"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group