Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/

Spring Beaver Fever
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10738
Page 2 of 2

Author:  redrooster [ 09 Mar 2011, 12:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

Can do, Hopefully I will have a couple of beaver hides to stretch :lol: :lol:

Author:  ski3879 [ 11 Mar 2011, 19:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

redrooster wrote:
Can do, Hopefully I will have a couple of beaver hides to stretch :lol: :lol:

i have 4 in the freezer , i was going to sell but i can hang on to them and bring one or 2 down if you want

Author:  erik_caught_it [ 14 Mar 2011, 22:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

I skinned and fleshed my first beaver tonight. Skinning was easy, fleshing sucks!!. Took me half hour to skin and about 4 beers to flesh also. What really sucks is that I was gonna save castor glands, and went to the house to check on supper and when i came back, my pair of cow dogs ate them. Guess I gotta catch another one!!

Author:  trapperrick [ 15 Mar 2011, 03:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

erik_caught_it wrote:
I skinned and fleshed my first beaver tonight. Skinning was easy, fleshing sucks!!. Took me half hour to skin and about 4 beers to flesh also. What really sucks is that I was gonna save castor glands, and went to the house to check on supper and when i came back, my pair of cow dogs ate them. Guess I gotta catch another one!!


Yep, the fleshing was the toughest part of the job. I have the blue english knife which made fleshing coons alot easier but it was alot of work on the beaver. I found a tutorial on clean skinning beaver on youtube, I'll give that a shot next time.

Author:  trapperrick [ 04 Mar 2017, 11:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever (This day in history 2011)

On this day, 6 years ago, I caught my first ever beaver. And I shared it on WAT.

I see some members on here that no longer frequent and one who has sadly past. But, this was neat to see.

Author:  Sac Creek [ 05 Mar 2017, 08:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

I enjoyed the old post from the past. Rick how many beaver have you caught since then?

I believe Harold was talking about the first get together we had here in Kansas. It was a great time.

We have also lost Fuzz. I see where he posted on this thread. I never got to meet him but seemed like a great guy.

Author:  trapperrick [ 05 Mar 2017, 16:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

Sac Creek wrote:
I enjoyed the old post from the past. Rick how many beaver have you caught since then?

I believe Harold was talking about the first get together we had here in Kansas. It was a great time.

We have also lost Fuzz. I see where he posted on this thread. I never got to meet him but seemed like a great guy.



I sent Fuzz (Garnet) some 1.5 long springs a few years ago. He sent me a really cool patch from his trappers organization he belonged to which is displayed in my fur shed. I never met him but did chat via email. He was a great guy.

I've caught a few since then. The beaver population isn't that great around here. There are tons of beaver in northern PA. We have a limit of 5 beaver per season in my area.

Author:  Amak [ 21 Mar 2017, 20:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

Harold, and Garnett are both greatly missed. I talked so much to fuzz through pm and emails, that though I never met him in person, I felt as if I had. Was a Couple of great fellas there...

Author:  Swamp Rat [ 29 Mar 2017, 19:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: Spring Beaver Fever

Amak wrote:
Harold, and Garnett are both greatly missed. I talked so much to fuzz through pm and emails, that though I never met him in person, I felt as if I had. Was a Couple of great fellas there...


Amen Brother! I still have gifts Fuzz sent and still trap with some traps I traded Red Rooster for.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/