Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 08:12

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gen x kids
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 11:50 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

ok nintendo is brand new,mj just signed up with pepsi. ripped jeans are cool . and hair bands ruled the air waves. i am sitting here listening to my new best hits of poison and was wondering how many gen x kids are in here?dont ya just miss it ?i do man those where the times long hair leather jackets everything was so new. i was one of those kids with the hair and pants and all the other trendy things back then. how about you?did you sport the trends?maybe i am just a dork but i like remembering it all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 11:58 
I don't think I belong to any named generation... I was born in 1982, what's that make me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 11:59 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Image better yet anyone got a pic that they are bold enough to share? heres me in my shorter hair days

Last edited by warcraft1975 on 06 Mar 2007, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 11:59 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

I think I was a couple of years before you but I know the time period. I had the ripped jeans but that was about it. Poison, Van Halen and Motley Crue were all the rage but Metallica was (and still is!) way better. :twisted: AC/DC too. On the lighter side, The Cars, REO Speedwagon and Journey all rocked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 12:01 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Lil Bit wrote:
I don't think I belong to any named generation... I was born in 1982, what's that make me?

Being born in '82 makes you young enough to be my daughter. Uff Da. And I'm not THAT old. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 12:03 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

i am thinking that is still gen x(maybe) most gens. had a name babyboomers gen x and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 12:09 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

aahh 1982 transformers just came out the year before. ya know i still wacth it with my step son he thinks it cool still. and cant beleive its been around that long..lol heck i just gave away some of my old tape collection to my son that i didnt listen to anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 12:13 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

TrapperKD wrote:
I think I was a couple of years before you but I know the time period. I had the ripped jeans but that was about it. Poison, Van Halen and Motley Crue were all the rage but Metallica was (and still is!) way better. :twisted: AC/DC too. On the lighter side, The Cars, REO Speedwagon and Journey all rocked.
.... i still listen to all that on my computer(when no ones around lol) and i still have all of motley crue's old tapes man it was forever ago

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 12:19 
Trapper
Trapper

this thread brings up alot of memories chick's beer & baseball now it's the family soda & watching baseball time has a way of mellowing a man out no regrets!!

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 17:05 
Trapper
Trapper

Thanks for making really feel like an old fart !!! :lol: I guess there is no point in talking about the Beatles and 8-Track tapes ! I actually saw the Beatles in concert at the Indiana State Fair in 1965 when I was 11 yrs. old and Three Dog Night in concert at Ball State U. on my 16th birthday in 1970 ! And I still don't need a cane or motorized wheelchair to run my traps !!! :wink: Actually, trapping again after more than a 30 yr. absence has made me considerably younger, not to mention improve my physical condition noticeably ! :)

grinnergitter54

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007, 22:32 
Trapper
Trapper

Wow... remembering back to the good ole days. All I ever wanted back then was chicks that dig leather jackets and long hair! Man you really stirred the cobwebs with this post. My favorite "hair band" was, still is, and will always be, Whitesnake. Motley Crue is a verrry close second though. Excuse me while I reminicse.......

Post subject: Whitesnake
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 03:43 
Trapper
Trapper

Thanks for the fun thread you guys ! Here is a good one as I travel back down memory lane. I got to see "Whitesnake" twice while I was stationed in Germany and still think they are as as good a live band as any I've had the pleasure of seeing. The first time was in early'83 and Ozzy Osborne and his band opened for them ! That concert was in Dusseldorf and the second time I saw them was in '85 in Essen and a band named "Blackfoot" opened for them. Thanks for the memories ! :D

grinnergitter54

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 09:06 
Trapper
Trapper

Hair bands all the way! I saw Motley Crue open for Ozzy in `83. I saw nearly every metal/hard rock band that came thru Kansas City from `80 to `85 plus a few others. I still have all ticket stubs and my concert jerseys/ T`s.

I mainly listen to jazz now, it plays all night on KPR while I work 11p.m. til 7a.m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 13:27 
:oops: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 14:22 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

wow this thread has gotton some attention..lol isnt it a trip to think about the 80's now in 2007?we went from atari to playstation and from the comador computer in school where we played oragans trail to dells and what not in everyones homes. remember what cell phones used to be like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 16:40 
Trapper
Trapper

The first car phone I saw was my 8th grade sub-teacher. A home size rotary dial in the hand set, we thought this guy was something special!! I guess at the time it was, 1978.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 18:18 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Heck, Atari was high-tech... I remember playing Pong with my brother. :roll:

I also remember playing Oregon Trail in grade school... on a teletype machine... if that doesn't date me I don't know what does. Been playing around on the internet since about 1988... those were the days, let me tell ya, things have changed a tad bit in that time. :D

I had a friend who was an electronics geek... he had a phone in his van, I think it was around 1980 or so... that was something.