Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 01:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2007, 23:27 
Trapper
Trapper

It's a shame isn't it? I do give you credit for sticking your hand in a #2. I've talked until I was blue in the face with some of these people. You can explain all of the problems that develope when population densities get out of control and how much worse it would be to die a slow death from rabies, mange etc. Not to mention spreading it through the rest of the animal population.( including their dogs and cats ) The poor misinformed fools just don't want to hear it. I just read an article in our local paper today, about a rabid fox that bit several people, a puppy and a cat before it was killed. The article said that the people were being treated and the puppy and the cat were put to sleep. I've heard it said that they think with their hearts, not their heads. Don't let it get you down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2007, 00:43 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

I've taken my son on the line since he was 3 months old,he's 4 now,and loves going trapping,bird hunting,mushroom pickin',fishin'.All I have to do is say you wanna go...,and he's going for his boots.When I'm trapping he's with me everyday,whether it's raining,snowing,windy,cold,it doesn't matter.When there young like this,there easy to get involved,take along treats(ie:suckers,tootsie rolls etc.)and coloring books,or even the binoculars.Give them something to keep the occupied between stops.I put something bright on him,so I can keep an eye on him while making sets,and so nobody else will mistake him for game.Those who are paranoid about scent around sets for canines really have nothing to worry about,my boy and my older girls tramp around all over,and it doesn't bother my success.Here's some pics of my son,and my oldest daughter when she was 3.

One big thing,above all is have patience,there kids,and just learning,being patient will go along way in keeping there interest up and to carry on our tradition.
I hope this wasn't too many pics for you.I have a ton,and it's hard to choose my favorites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2007, 01:14 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

I almost forgot,let them help,this was our trap dying and waxing day this year.

:)