Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:49

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 18:00 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

was web browsing sites the other nite happened upon snare1 was on reading snare and body grip topics for any any useful tidbits of info and found in the 4th post i read a topic on bodygrips ,where the author was asking how to use them in ground sets his method he asked about was peculiar but he didnt understand their useage .well there was 20 some replies to his question mostly moderators and administrators of the site but they blasted this guy with stupid remarks but never answered his question on how to use them it turned into remarks about who could beat whos a**and so on .i calmly replied to it and put how disappointed i was in how the topic was handled by the heads of the site but never once was he given an answer on the useage of the traps . i went back the next day to see how they answered my reply and found that only then was the topic deleted completely .
thats what i meant when i listed my first post here you guys are awesome you reply with respect and decency , so as for recruitment here just wait they will come to the best trapping site put the bait out there you can snare'm in
p.s. i name dropped on my post there but since they deleted it its gone i tried at least

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 18:20 
Aw, that's a shame. It always sucks the left one when a new person asks a question and they get reemed. But, on some of these larger forums, they can get away with that.

We try to give people as many chances as we can on here. We try to be very easy going, and try to answer questions as best we can. But there comes a time when you have to put your foot down when it gets a little too crazy. You can't keep everyone happy.

That being said, this is a very fun site. With lots of excellent questions, and some very fantastic posters like Smitty, KD, warcraft, Whitetailaddict, BrianRoberts and others! We're very lucky to have so many quality individuals so soon out of the gate! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 20:57 
Trapper
Trapper

Like Bit said, this is a great site. I have seen the steps and am very happy with the strides taken to insure that it remains that way and actually gets better. During season a lot of us don't have time to keep up with all of threads every day, but if you take the time to pm, I know most of us would give you all of the help we could. Good Luck and don't be afraid to holler. WTA

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 22:40 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Thanks for the kind words about the forum. Like I've said before, it's the people that make this place worthwhile, and I think we have a pretty good group here. Don't be shy about asking questions. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 17:19 
Trapper
Trapper

TrapperKD wrote:
Don't be shy about asking questions. :D

I have 2.....

#1- Can you explain the specifics of Quantam Physics

#2- What is the meaning of life?

Smitty 8)

up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW-What
a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 18:30 
Trapper
Trapper

I gots 2 questions 2

#1.) whats quantam physics?

#2.)where do you come up with this stuff, lol

Rack Em' and Stack Em'...Cuff Em' and Stuff Em'....BAG EM' AND GAG EM'!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 19:14 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

i have 2 also

1) what?
and
2)why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 19:49 

Technically, there is no such thing as Quantum Physics anymore. It's actually been divided between Quantum Mechanics and Theory. Instead of the typical electromagnetism of atomic and subatomic levels, you have experimental and theoretic applications. Quantum mechanics is the backbone of physics in general. The applications and mathematic basis are the fundemental skeleton of dozens of genres of modern physics. The term, Quantum, is latin for 'how much'. The reason Quantum mechanics is so important to the other branches of science is that it's precise. It's all about minute measurements, exact quantities, giving everything a number and identification that is not qualitative. Many sciences describe the behavior of things, but only Quantum mechanics quantifies the behavior. Quantum Mechanics was one of the first branches of science to examine electromagnetism, and it's affect on atomic and subatomic particles! The only problem with Quantum Mechanics is when applied with other widely held, even proven theories, such as Relativity. While both tend to describe the same thing, both theories exclude the other, which makes it bring forth the question: Which is right? Especially since both are 'proven' theories. There have been many scientists and physicists who have attempted to try and wheedle a way of making the two play nice, but none have been successful. The basic interpretations leave no opening for the other theory, which is unfortunate, as it leaves no room for the melding of quantum (itty bitty) with relative (uber big). There's a whole bunch of mathematical and theoretical postulates that play a large role in Quantum mechanics, but I'm afraid I'd bore you if I haven't bored you already.

The meaning of life is probably one of the most profound philisophical questions known to man. The answer is different for everyone, as no two people are alike. It calls into question Descarte's theory of existentialism (sp?), I think, therefore I am. The meaning of life relies on the premise that you exist, and you must, because you have cogniscent thought. The real questions are in what context do you mean 'life', and how do you value the word meaning? Some have attempted to give generalizations to this question such as: to have no questions to ask, and to have all of the answers to questions asked. To live without regret. And many others. Unfortunately, only you can answer that question for yourself.

Glad i could help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 19:55 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

smittystrapmods wrote:
TrapperKD wrote:
Don't be shy about asking questions. :D

I have 2.....

Smitty 8)

You asked for it. :twisted:

Smitty's Question #1:

Quantum physics is a branch of science that deals with discrete, indivisible units of energy called quanta as described by the Quantum Theory. There are five main ideas represented in Quantum Theory:

1. Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.

2. The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.

3. The movement of these particles is inherently random.

4. It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time. The more precisely one is known, the less precise the measurement of the other is.

5. The atomic world is nothing like the world we live in.

While at a glance this may seem like just another strange theory, it contains many clues as to the fundamental nature of the universe and is more important then even relativity in the grand scheme of things (if any one thing at that level could be said to be more important then anything else). Furthermore, it describes the nature of the universe as being much different then the world we see. As Niels Bohr said, "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

:D :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :D :D

Smitty's Question #2:

This is much simpler... the meaning of life is simply the quality of your existence. In my case this would equate to the following three things:

1. An ice cold pint of Guinness.

2. A tall blonde at my side.

3. The first two points are not necessarily in that order. (By the way, the first two points apply to me at this very moment.) 8)

:D :D :D :twisted: :twisted:

Any more questions??? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2007, 07:03 
Trapper
Trapper

'Lil Bit- What would you do without "copy & paste" :wink:

KD- "1. An ice cold pint of Guinness."

"2. A tall blonde at my side."

You sir, are my new idol 8)

Smitty

a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2007, 07:53 
Where did I copy and paste?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2007, 20:48 
Trapper
Trapper

ok, ok all these words are giving me a headache, #2, ooo ya i could go for a ice cold pint of guiness

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007, 20:30 
Trapper
Trapper

#1. I don't know, and I don't care.

#2. I don't know, and I don't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2007, 22:29 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

so far the worst I have seen is some one pulling some ones leg and two guys fighting well not fighting but discussing what the better trap is . Its all in the user and if the price is right or it has certain features one likes thats that. there are always two sides. Im glad that there are no name calling or put downs that are not laughed off or expected I don't even know how I found this site actually I found it once before looking for somthing else and didn't find it here then I was brousing and actually read somthing that peaked my interest so I signed in and now I like it I will put some pics up when I get un lazy :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2007, 16:17 
Trapper
Trapper

I'm a new member, after looking through this place some I signed up. There's plenty of websites out there for the bickering and flaming. It's refreshing to see more places going the direction this one has. 8)
I have little tolerance for trolls. :lol: :lol:

Nice site and I hope I can add a nugget or two here and there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2007, 16:33 
DWD.... How insensitive of you.

They're not trolls. Tsk. They're little people with 'art-sensitive' hair dos....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2007, 16:39 
Trapper
Trapper

Lil Bit wrote:
DWD.... How insensitive of you.

They're not trolls. Tsk. They're little people with 'art-sensitive' hair dos....

:lol: :lol: :lol: OK ifyou say so :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2007, 20:16 
Trapper
Trapper

lol....no "nuggets" for me thank-you 8)

When is the next "group hug" meeting??? :twisted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Smiiiiiiiitty

a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2007, 22:06 
Trapper
Trapper

smittystrapmods wrote:
lol....no "nuggets" for me thank-you 8)

Here's yer nugget,just fer you! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2007, 16:24 
Trapper
Trapper

:lol:

a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2007, 11:54 
Trapper
Trapper

:lol: :lol: Smitty, Every time I walk in the woods it's as if poop is a magnet, I can go lookin for somethin else and I'll always find poop, so beins how I was drawn to it so greatly I just jumped right in. Now I take a stick and dig in the stuff to see what it was eatin :roll: kinda like takin a to analyzin every inch of entrail from every critter I catch or shoot :roll: :roll: some folks just think I'm crazy but I say "when in rome do as the romans do" and foller my compass. :lol: :lol: