Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:01

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 'Lil bit
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2006, 11:45 
Trapper
Trapper

We've talked about colony traps being prohibited in your area. I believe I remember you mentioning if they locked after the 1st catch, they are permissible?

Question is, if a latching system was made to do this, is it something that needs State approval, or just the fact of proving it'll lock to a CO if questioned?

Think there'd be a market for them?

Inquiring minds want to know......... :twisted:

Smitty

up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW-What
a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2006, 13:16 
If it has a locking mechanism preventing the door from functioning again after the first catch, then technically, it would no longer be a colony trap, but would in fact be a single-catch trap. As long as the trap is designed to catch a single animal alive, without gripping any part of the body, then it is considered legal. There would be a market for them only if they're cheaper than the monstrousities that we're having to pay for now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2006, 17:05 
Trapper
Trapper

So they couldn't be used in drowning situations, like colony's....just with locking doors? They must leave the catch alive?

Smitty

a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2006, 18:30 
Nope, no drowning. The animal must be alive when you're there.

I think the motivation behind that is so that the animal has a chance to look you in the eyes, to plead his case of humanity (even though he's an animal), to have one last chance to bond with you before you drown him. I'm sure that's what the anti's were thinking when they wrote this stupid law.

Duh, we're still gonna kill it when we get up to the trap. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006, 00:46 
Trapper
Trapper

ya really, and i dont see what the bid deal about all the commotion about banning trapping anyways, its inhumane, give me a break, if no one trapped or hunted there would be overpopulation, not enough food for anything really since competion for food would go way up, diseases would spread like wild fire like rabies from racoons, tuberclosis from deer, distemper and so on. and it would get so ridicoulosly high that things would die slow painful deaths from famine, disease, parisites, viruses, and you would just have a major death, and im sure millions of unaware people that come into contact with infected animals get it transfered to them. so what happens when there gets to be 20 raccoons persquare mile, who knows how many muskrats, deer would go way up, and alot of other things that reproduce, and no hawks, falcons, and other carnivores is gonna keep the population down, so that tells ya that these animals have a surplus per year and if not hunted, trapped, ect... it would be a loss of millions of dollars worth of fur to people, animals would be wasted, and eventually total chaos. and hunting and trapping have a postive effect on us on keeping the population stabil and letting the remaining does, female muskrats, mink, turkeys, ect... have more chicks, pups, fawns, ect... next year for harvest so its important that people should know that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006, 01:07 
Trapper
Trapper

sorry, kinda got that wrote the wrong way in the beginning about all the commotion. i ment how stupid and retarded it is to bann things like hunting and trapping. everybody that lives around me and i mean everybody hunts, fishes, traps and so on. and we all have great times sharing our storys about shooting at these major bucks, or "man i got 50 muskrats today, cant wait to get back out there tomarrow" its just a great feeling for everyone, having a beer, sitting around the campfire, and waiting for that morning sun to pop up. cmon people, keep these sports alive and so we all can enjoy the outdoors of trapping and hunting, it makes no sense to throw it all away for a bunch of anti-whatever laws. its life and death. and every animal is going to expierience that. and im sure they dont want to die of something like mange which could spread right before you can say "pudding" if not hunted or trapped. so why not go out with your buddies, drudge up and down the creeks, get your heart pounding to know what the next trap has, or get shaking when your up in a tree stand seeing a split fork buck. you just have to use common sense and you antis out there gotta remember that nothing is immortal and righting all these laws will make them live longer so they can die of shortages of food and territory. its like king of the hill, every person needs to be knocked down the hill so the rest of the people can make it to the top and redo it all over. im just saying use your head and think what you think is right. but would you people want animals dieng, sneezing all the time, cant move and die of food, or lose its fur in the winter from some thing like mange and freeze to death. or like i said, except the fate of death for every animal and to prevent this future chaos, kill a coon with rabies in a 220 conibear to prevent 3 more from being infected, kill a fox in a foot trap with mange so other fox, or anything else, dont get mange to so it builds up everywhere. think outside the box and sit down and really think about this before you make a stroke of a pen of a anti paper to ban something. remeber that its your decision, not theres and even if there mad at you, so what, your gonna make friends and enimies, but people like me and 200 other million hunter and trappers will be cheering for you to keep the sport alive. trust me. we will. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006, 01:14 
Trapper
Trapper

and one more thing, the next person who reads this, please tell everyone on this forum and tell it to other people on other foroms. cause trust me, tomarrow you could be with a DNR officer pulling your traps up and throwing them away with your memories of trapping, so i encourage this letter to everyone and everyone that reads this encourages it to other people also, so all im asking from ya's is to post a topic on the other forum categories like the trap line and other things and other forums so people know the facts and the cause of trapping/hunting on the enviroment. so it would be great to just make a topic and just invite people to this topic so they can read the summary of hinting/trapping that i wrote. thanks

Post subject: !
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006, 01:54 
Trapper
Trapper

i just also would like to add some pictures that may seem disturbing if animals were not killed or trapped

http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/gall ... ry_001.htm

there are pictures on that site that show the effects of mange on animals, and of course a basic fact, if not killed, this little mean parasite will spread to about anything else its host will come in contact with. so you can figure maybe an additional 6 or 7 animals that will get this. so you may have a total of 8 animals already infected, once again, not killed properly, each one maybe will see another 6 or 7 animals in its life span wow, that would be 8x7, so 8x7=56 animals that now have mange, now look how fast that built up, now think 56x7, thats my point on why trapping and hunting is so important.

now this picture shows rabies, which is an extremly lethal disease, rabies is a disease that enters the central nervous system of pretty much any animal that has it since it can spread to pretty much anything, then inflammates the brain which would make you a vegitable pretty much, soon youd have little chance for survival, and the physical signs would be the lower jaw to droop down, increased salivia activity which most likey results in the animal excesivily drooling or known as "foam mouth", then the brain. just like with mange, rabies can spread that fast, so if your an anti and you bann trapping, racoons would most likely increase in population since theres no trapping, bam!, one coon with rabies could possibl pass it on to a few more like mange listed above, now for that anti person, what if you were the one who banned trapping, and then the next day you found out your neighbor died because he got bitten by a dog, fox, racoon, anything. wouldnt you feel responsible? anyway here are the pics.

now the list can go on and on, but i used these 2 as examples to show you

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006, 09:13 
Trapper
Trapper

'lil bit- I guess you've answered my question, I'd misunderstood at the beginning & wasn't aware it was restricted to live traps.

Born2trap- lol.....dude, switch to de-caff :D just kiddin'

We all know exactly what you're saying, you're "preaching to the choir". It's aggrivating to watch Americans having their rights taken away everyday. Why? because the people set back & take it.

This country's decisions are made by a small number of people who are bought-off by big-dollar industries. When people run for office, all sorts of promises are made.....once in office...those promises are forgotten. They are there for 2 reasons, to serve themselves, and to serve those with the most money.

Look at the government not allowing the 10 commandments in government centers......well, you know what they're putting in the Julia Carson Government Center in Indianapolis???........a freakin' BAR! Yep! We can't allow God......but set-down & I'll make you a jack & coke.

Everytime something is taken away (rights) from the (legal) people of this country, they lose some of their "spine" .....another generation or 2 & there'll be no backbone in this country. We've become so "politically correct" anymore it's stupid!

It's extremely saddening to see what this country's coming to. I can guarantee it isn't what out founding fathers would have wanted. I wished for 5 years they could come back & run this country the way it was. They didn't "sneak" one bill thru congress by attaching it to another, they didn't get paid-off to pass laws that benefit the rich, They didn't take someones right to hunt, trap, fish away. They were people like you & me, who wanted to see EVERYONE treated fairly, there weren't different "levels" according to your tax-bracket.

I'd imaging there was little trap stealing back then, because most of them probably ended-up shot. Today, thieves are babied, given a slap on the wrist, and turned-loose to do it again.

Them animal rights activists don't care about those animals they whine about, they can't be stupid enough to believe themselves. All they want is to take sportsmens & womens rights away, they don't care why, or how. They're a good example of the wussies that are going to be running this country in the near future.

Hopefully, I won't live to see it because I've already taken about all I can take. Hell, we're no better off than those people in Iraq, atleast Sadam had the grapes to tell them he'd take everything they owned, tell them what & when to do it, and what they can & can't do, and he'd kill them if they didn't. Here, they just do it behind your back & on the sly. Try owing the government delinquent income tax....see what happens.

Look at all the big fancy million/billion dollar courthouses, city halls, etc., then look at how many people live on the streets. Look at the new sports arena being built in Indianapolis, yet schools are still being closed, after we scored poorly on SAT's. Look at all the money going to support the illegals & thier families, who've never paid a penny into it. I paid taxes & insurance for over 30 years, and got screwed royally for it. I was left with lifelong injuries I can't get treatment for.....but some illegal Mexican can walk into the hospital & get what I can't? Something is seriously wrong there. We are suffering & struggling to even try to make it (meaning merely survive), yet daily millions of tax-dollars get pissed-away.

Alot of people choose to stick their heads in the sand, I see it for how it is. I feel sorry for our future generations..........

Rant off :roll:
Smitty

a Ride"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006, 22:54 
Trapper
Trapper

dude, your my hero!!, and yes, i got a little carried away with all the letters and posts, but it makes me dissapointed to see what the country is coming to, gas prices, the auto-industry, cmon our car factories cant compete with them foreign ones. cripes sakes the chinese workers feel like their getting rich getting a buck or two working in the car factory all day while over here our workers arent even satisied with 25 dollars an hour!!. im telling you, i dont things wont get better, the fact is that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. and that seems to be the way things are going to look ahead in the future, dirt poor poverty people digging out of trash cans for food while 100 story buildings are being built up for the billionares. so im thinking the government better stop righting all these stupid bills to take everything away. so start cutting business taxes and get learning the facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 18:13 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

when you guys are right your definitely right , my question is did you ever read hitlers veiws ? 1/2 of what he wanted the u.s. has in laws already gun control laws passage people registration , makes ya wonder who the real dictators are huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 18:16 
Your views are not what make you a dictator. It is the method of enforcement that does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2007, 17:13 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

This thread was diverging so I split it into two threads. See the "How to get kids involved in the outdoors?" thread.

:D

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2007, 23:20 
:lol:

Post subject: Gut Deer ?
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2007, 15:13 
Trapper
Trapper

Sorry Lil' Bit, but sometimes I just have to ! Of course I gut deer ! After I get done, most of the liver goes in the crockpot w/ onions and gets slow cooked for 8 hrs. Yum, yum !!! Be sure to save a little raw liver though. It makes great bait for grinners !!! Make a flat set w/ a 1 1/2 coil spring and either put on a stick w/ a chunk on it in front of the set or hang a chunk suspended about 6" over the top of the set or both. Grinners just can't seem to resist. Don't hurt yourselves laughing at me too hard, but XL grinners (skinned & stretched) bring $ 3.25 here this year.
Gotta' go make some sets for "Wiley" ! Hunt, Fish, & Trap forever !!!

grinnergitter54