Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 19:54

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Swamp Rat has retired
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 15:59 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Some of you may have noticed that Swamp Rat is no longer listed as a Moderator. Yep, Larry has decided to hang up the Moderator shingle and retire.

I can't say enough about Swamp. He was the first person to volunteer to help me out on WAT and I have been grateful ever since for the helpfulness, sincerity and good ol' southern boy charm that is Swamp Rat. There have been times in his tenure as a Moderator when I have been too busy to monitor things on the forums (especially summer...my business kills me in the summer) and Larry has always been there to keep things on the straight and narrow.

Swamp will be missed as a Moderator but he told me that he will still be around so don't worry guys, I think we're in for many more pics of Camp Winky, Communist China and many more in the future.

Larry, thank you from the bottom of my heart, you sir, are one of the best.

-Keith

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 17:43 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Keith I agree whole heartedly. Larry is as good as they come. I think one of the first post I ever made on this site I commented on a very dark coyote that Larry had caught and posted a photo of. I really like the photo and the yote because we don't have any near that color phase here in Kansas. Well about 3 or 4 months later I get a package in the male from somebody in Texas. Yep you guessed it, there was the same coyote skin tanned by Larry himself.

I still have the coyote in my man cave on display, and will cherish it, as well as Larry's friendship for the rest of my days.

Jeff

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 17:59 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

They don't come any better than Larry. I still think about our bear hunt , when he came and spent a week with me. We had a great time. You won't meet a nicer person.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 19:59 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

a great moderator and a great person .Thanks Larry.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 04:30 

Larry is and always will be the cornerstone of WAT. Thank you for your many years of moderating.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 21:21 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Stellar person by far. Meeting him 5 years ago on the Mexico coast of Kansas, we shared a tiny cabin together which we thought the roof (ruff ) was coming off during a tornado. I don't like them. He has been to Canada twice for trapping with me and will return in 2 months with wife in tow for ice fishing and trappers workshop and due. He is a true friend and a person who cares about trapping. I just wish that many more of our members would just break away from their rut in life and experience what life has to offer. Job well done Swamp, you helped me lots.