Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 09:17

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 14:43 

I was doing some research for an article I'm writing for Trap & Trail Magazine about different trappers gatherings and rendezvous'. I found out that the National Trappers Association Western Regional Trapping and Outdoor Expo will be held at the Buffalo Chip Campground in Buffalo Chip, South Dakota. This made me chuckle and I'm sure NonPC will know where this is at. Here in Pennsylvania we have some odd names for towns as well. Over toward eastern Pennsylvania there is a town by the name of Intercourse and Blue Ball.

Do you have any odd named towns in your area?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 18:28 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

trapperrick wrote:
I was doing some research for an article I'm writing for Trap & Trail Magazine about different trappers gatherings and rendezvous'. I found out that the National Trappers Association Western Regional Trapping and Outdoor Expo will be held at the Buffalo Chip Campground in Buffalo Chip, South Dakota. This made me chuckle and I'm sure NonPC will know where this is at. Here in Pennsylvania we have some odd names for towns as well. Over toward eastern Pennsylvania there is a town by the name of Intercourse and Blue Ball.

That is so weird Rick, my buddy Kenny and I were talking today and he was telling about 3 towns he went through in PA on a hunting trip, Intercourse , Blue Balls, and Virginity I believe was the third, all AMISH towns. :--o :?

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 19:04 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Boring, Drain, Remote, Idiotville, Chitwood, Gopher, all in Oregon.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 19:44 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Climax was always one of my favorites.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 20:58 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

trappintime wrote:
Climax was always one of my favorites.

If anybody tops that one this thread will be deleted in about 3 seconds.....................5 seconds if you're drunk. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 03:44 

doc9013 wrote:
trapperrick wrote:

That is so weird Rick, my buddy Kenny and I were talking today and he was telling about 3 towns he went through in PA on a hunting trip, Intercourse , Blue Balls, and Virginity I believe was the third, all AMISH towns. :--o :?

You're correct Doc, all 3 are Amish towns. :lol:

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 13:34 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

The Buffalo Chip campground, as far as I know, has not become its own formal municipality (although that might have changed) and is located about 4 1/2 miles east of Sturgis, SD. It became famous (infamous?) for its rock concerts and amateur "talent" shows during the annual motorcycle rallies. Its edgy "chicness" has made it one of the places to stop for many cycle enthusiasts and thus has become a major big-money business for the owners. I suspect that once a certain amount of infrastructure investment has been made in such a location, there is a desire (or a need?) to use it more than a month a year. I've been by the place several times but never entered the grounds. I'm sure there are some WAT guys that have been to the "Chip" and could tell stories of their time there. trappintime would probably be torn between way too many people around during the cycle rally and all the interesting "sights" that can be found there...

Genesis 1:26