Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 09:21

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 19:58 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I like messing with the kids sometimes...

The non-ferrous metals guy I deal with has a quirky sense of humor. He likes giving out $2 bills and 50 cent pieces if he has a chance. I took a little load in today and one of the bills I ended up with was a paper Mr. Jefferson. I stopped by a Hy-Vee on the way home to pick up a box of heavy trash sacks and went through the express lane. A very chipper young, probably college-age gal was checking me out.

I pulled out the deuce and she commented, "Oh cool a $2 bill" and then I took out three more ones, 4 bills on the counter but $5 in value. She just stood there for a second or two like she couldn't finish the transaction, so I asked her if there was a problem.

"Yes, the total is $4.78" and inferred she needed more money.

"Yes," I said, "there's five dollars there".

"Oh yeah, you have a $2 bill and I'm not used to them" she gushed.

We finished up our sale very pleasantly and as I walked out the door, I smiled to myself. Maybe I'm a bit quirky as well...

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 20:46 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

:D :D I took a $2 bill into wal mart one day,little gal about 16 years old checked me out..in my payment of cash bills was the two..she called the floor manger and Security over ....she thought it was counterfeit :shock: of course my answer was "you might watch the ink it may not be dry yet I just printed at home off my computer" :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 22:03 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Classic Chieftain!!!

I like the deer-in-the-headlights look while they're holding a 50 cent piece wondering what to do...

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 06:52 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

NonPCfed wrote:
Classic Chieftain!!!

I like the deer-in-the-headlights look while they're holding a 50 cent piece wondering what to do...
:lol: :lol: you should try showing them a Eisenhower one dollar coin....I had a gal at the liquor store tell me she had never seen such a big coin as that..and wonder who the guy on the front of the coin was... :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 09:07 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yeah, that's funny :)

I don't burn Ike dollars anymore because most are worth more for collectors than face value. I almost never see them in circulation anymore, along with any 1964 and pre 90% silver coins or any pre-1971 Kennedy half dollars. Most are squirreled away for their silver content (most of the Ike dollars didn't have any silver in them though) or for collectors.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 17:27 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper