Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 15:40

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Part Time Jobs
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 12:38 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Ive been fortunate to find some part time jobs and am stashing chingching away to buy a vehicle in the spring.

Im still working two days a week for that woman with MS. ( and what right do I have to complain about my petty problems, but yet I do.)

Near my home is a very nicely kept horse ranch where I am sometimes employed at caring for horses. Ummmm kiss a horse in the morning and the whole day is better... :) I thought it would be more of a full time job, which would have brought me over six hundred a month, but alas,,,, its very part time. Only when the guy goes away to show his fancy quarter horses, so Im making considerably less, but still making fodder for my stash bottle.
I try to go the extra mile doing what hasn't been required of me in order to keep working. I have stiff competition here in Little Juarez north of the Arkansas River. LOL. I was competing with a Mexican fella for the job... only reason I got it was he hasn't any cattle and horse experience.
It's a pleasure to get up and work this job. Lots of walking and fresh morning air and of course, HORSES ! And the days I do work for him I get to use his big two and half ton flat bed to run in. Even to my other jobs. So it cuts down on the mornings I have to bundle up and ride thirty miles in the cold. I don't mind. Makes me feel "special" ... lol.

I've also been working clearing some land and yard clean up and animal care for my WIFE-N-LAW. LOL. She's married to one of my exes. He works abroad or out of state so he's never there and she and I get along very well.

Yesterday I was offered a job by a couple of bachelors, one of who is my son, and his friend, who live separately so their not that sort of friends.
Im MAYBE going to be running sort of a meeeels on weeeels ( didnt want to spell that correctly.) program for the two helpless ones. LOL
They will pay me per week to cook a weeks worth of food for them and deliver it. Sheesh... We havent settled on my price yet but I don't come cheap ! And they can afford it. I can tell by our negotiations so far they are going to try to swindle me..... Not happening.
They might find another cook but she might possibly pale in comparison in her cooking. Yep, Im an awesome cook too. lol.
So I hope to find some sort of mid size suv, older one like a bronco or something that will pull a trailer. And has four wheel drive and a short wheel base. I recently looked a what I think was a 50s GMC pickup, would love to have it but it had an extra long bed and no four wheel drive. Seems gas milage on just about anything is low... unless its a four cylinder, then it won't pull. Any suggestions?
your admirer,, Musselshell Gal Missin Da Beevah !

FREEDOM~LIBERTY