Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 04:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mortality
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 18:35 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

In the last 2 weeks, 3 men I know have died of heart attacks . My age ( I'm 51 ).
Terry, who was a year ahead of me in school and also 51, David, a year behind me in school, and age 50, and John, only 46. John was waiting for heart surgery but didn't make it. Terry and David didn't even know they had a problem.

Made me think about my own mortality. Not too upsetting, I know I will die, just don't know when, where , or how.

But today, I got a call from my daughter. Her friend, Robert was going home from his girlfriend's house, ran off the road and died. 22 Years old. They were getting married soon, he is a mechanic in our town, a good kid, good parents.

Hit me hard because it brought back the memory of my step-son getting killed 3 years ago at age 25.

Don't know where I'm going with this.

Maybe just kiss your wife, your husband, your kids, cause you just never know.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

Post subject: Re: Mortality
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 20:29 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

That's right doc, you never know. Live life to the fullest and enjoy.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 21:51 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Life is just looking for death. If we worry about it, it is still coming so don't worry be happy.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 21:58 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Sorry to learn of all the loses doc. Losing a young one is always hard to deal with. I was telling my stepdaughter just today, that if I live for 8 more years I'll be the age of my Mother when she died, if I live about 14 years I'll be about the age of all four of my grandparents. Enjoy the time you have with your loved ones and be ready when your time comes.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 18:24 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

I'm not worried about dying, I know I'm on the downhill slope. And I know I'm going to Heaven. I didn't even really know this kid that well, just brought back memories of Julian, it is so sad when young people die.

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 19:50 
Trapper
Trapper

When I was a police officer, I had this quote from T.J. Jackson inside the trauma plate pocket on my body armor. When asked how he could be so brave in the face of bullets and bombs going off around him, Stonewall replied,

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me." He added, after a pause, looking me full in the face: "That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave"

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 20:46 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Roaddawg wrote:
When I was a police officer, I had this quote from T.J. Jackson inside the trauma plate pocket on my body armor. When asked how he could be so brave in the face of bullets and bombs going off around him, Stonewall replied,

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me." He added, after a pause, looking me full in the face: "That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave"

Awesome quote roaddawg, thanks. And thanks also for your service. It is reprehensible how good cops are being targeted and vilified .

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 16:39 
Trapper
Trapper

Thank you.

18 years was enough for me. I'm glad I'm out of that field, not because of the violence, but because I grew to hate the politics that came with the job. The experience has re-affirmed in me not only a very strong dislike for Lawyers, but a very STRONG dislike for politicians.