Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 12:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WHat? Home already? lol
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2016, 21:55 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Ok so i took a few photos and i would email th3m to ayone who would post th3m for me.
All i have is my phone.
I was pretty much packed yesterday evening. Got up with the sun,
Fed and bug sprayed the dogs. Got about a mile from home and went back for a jacket. I do believe thats called a HUDSONS BAY START for anyone wh9se a black powder era history buff.
Even though i just putted along under 60 on hwy 10 my trip to the Bear Lake campground passed too quickly. I did go trough soe a?azing country but most of the road, 12 has little or
No shoulders.
I enjoyed mountain biking.
Ok so i get to the campground turn off and its gravel. But in pretty good shape. (I enjoy riding gravel roads out here.)
Id guess that its about three miles to the campground.
The higher i went the worse th3 r9ad became. But i thought i could handle it. So on i went.
The road narrowed and switchbackz at every freque,t
Turn. The curves were a bit erroded with larger rocks i had to avoid while watchi,g for @nd
Avoiding carz @,d trucks coming down. I knew if ididnt keep going id stop and drop me and bike.
PUCKER FACTOR WAS VEERY MUCH IN PLAY. LOL
So finally i reach the campground. I didnt zee a l@ke. It was a very small campgroud
With lots of people. And FULL. I5 only took @ couple minutes to make the loop a,d head back down. The first point down i couldnt believe id rode my
1100 cc honda shadow up the grade i now had to go back down.
Im going to p9st th8s before i lose it....to be continued

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

Last edited by Musselshellgal on 10 Jul 2016, 07:36, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2016, 22:25 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

So went down in first like id come up. Still missing rocks and cars. It was actually eas8er than going up. On my way up id seen a nice pond with beaver dam and lodge so i made sure tostop
There on the way down. I took a couple nice photos there. And had a lunch of apple and
Sharp cbeddar. And sat for a while. The prairie roses as well as many other flowers were in bloom and very fragrant. I rem3mbered reading about early trapping in the SPANISH PEAKS REGION and there i was.
On down to pavement and took a right.
I passed through a couple of very small towns and darn it, there i was in the
Heat and high desert again. Every side road was posted and gated. There just wasnt a place
To camp up on the mountain.
So i end up in Trinidad where i got on 350 to head east @nd home.
I stopped at our usual half way place to get drink. Theres 70 miles no service. Its an ab@ndoned gas station. Delhai. Was in a martin sheen movie, BADLANDS. It was still a fu,ctioning store and gas station then.
So when i get off my bike im thinking my right saddle bag doesnt look right. Id put a full gallon gas container in it just in case. The weight of it along with the bumpy road had broken the support and the hardcase saddle bag had dropped down and was melted onto my exhaust pipes. I didnt smell it because i was ahead of the smell i guess. So i hurried to get the gas container out and it had also
Melted and all the gas had leaked out onto the pipes as well.
What? Yep.
I had no way to secure it to my bike because of the amount of damage to the bag and they are quite large. I tried stopping many cars. To see if someone would drop it off near where i live. Finally a rancher, God love em, Sid just that.
So that was my long ride, over too quick, scary and near death experience day of RnR.
Lol

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

Last edited by Musselshellgal on 09 Jul 2016, 23:05, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2016, 22:50 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Thanks for the story MSG. Sounds to me like God is with you. You gonna be OK. 8) 8)

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2016, 11:52 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

My old old comp wont recognize my newer phone and i cant load my photos to convert them on a photo storage site to post. :(

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 16:42 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

You must have a guardian angel looking over your shoulder. If it had been me and gas had dripped over hot exhaust pipes, I'd have been a crispy critter. We all have our time and yours isn't up. Glad you made it back safely.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 09:22 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

:shock: Dang MSG...I'd hate to be your Guardian Angel....there would be no time to rest! You know it's too hot when gasoline won't catch fire! I am glad this tale of woes had a good ending. Traveling alone has many more avenues of danger, so be extremely careful on those treks. I know you must have gotten some good photos. 8|

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 15:39 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Yes rat i did vet a few photos.
And thank you for your concern :)
My son has been using my computer for the last year and its full
Of viruses and probablh various forms of vd as well. I can no longer load my photos
To get them on any photo storage site in order to post them
On wat. If someone would be bothered to receive them via
Email then post them for me. I can understand people not
Wanting to give private email addresses. :)
Did you get that list?

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 16:25 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Yes i did get some photos. But my son has had my computer
This last yr and it has various viruses and assorted vds. Lol
Thanks for your concerns. I can no longer load my photos from my phone in order
To put them on a site to prepare them for posting here.
:( otherwise id be posting photos all the time :)

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 07:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

MSG- I always enjoy hearing your stories. You're a good story teller. You remind me of a guy over on Scrap Metal Forum named "eesakiwi" who lives in New Zealand and usually does his scrapping without a vehicle. Both of you have lived your lives to the beat of a different drummer. This is a not a slam in anyway but just the fact there's a percentage of folks out there that don't live their lives in the general middle-class cookie cutter way that a majority of western societies do. A little variety adds some additional spice to life, even if only hearing about it on some forums.

Do you ever feel that your life on the semi-arid plains is sort of stage prop for some post-apocalyptic world seen in the movies...?? I've always felt that life on the short-grass is grittier than the sub-humid prairie if nothing else that the dust gets on and in you faster than around here because of the general lack of rain. Lots of small towns in SD former tall and mixed grass prairies have been emptying out (although the major land use of farming still chugs away) but settlement on the short-grass usually resulted in smaller towns that emptied out even faster. Maybe the settlement pattern is down to about what the true carrying capacity of the region is in our contemporary socioeconomic world.

Take care!!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 19:41 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

This area is about void of game and wild edible plants. The water is bad and scarce.
I surely wouldnt want to be in the position of having to survive here. Theres very little place to even hide.
I find much satisfaction and gratification in being very different than most women i have ever met. I dont feel i am better than them, just more awesome. But then im biased. Lol
I love adventure.

FREEDOM~LIBERTY