Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 03:08

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 14:55 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

We have had about 31 days of rain out of the last 34 days, nothing like Texas thank God, but it has been near impossible to plant garden. I did get some things out about a week ago when it was just sprinkles. My lima beans sprouted a few days ago, then the heavy rain returned, washed them out and what didn't wash away are sprouting on top of the ground. Should I cover them or leave them be since they have sprouted ? I have no dry dirt, it's pouring rain again as I type this. I would have to use potting soil. Thanks.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 18:14 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

doc9013- What's up? It's been wet here too! Just got taters in the ground a couple days ago. Looks kike we will have about a week of decently dry weather from today.

If it were me...I'd wait a day or two for the ground to dry out and re-till and replant with new seeds.

Take care.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 18:18 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

hillbilly wrote:
doc9013- What's up? It's been wet here too! Just got taters in the ground a couple days ago. Looks kike we will have about a week of decently dry weather from today.

If it were me...I'd wait a day or two for the ground to dry out and re-till and replant with new seeds.

Take care.

Thanks buddy. How's Chris ? We were just sitting by the pond wondering about him this evening.

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 18:45 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Thanks buddy. How's Chris ? We were just sitting by the pond wondering about him this evening.

He is doing fine. We are just trying to get rid of the coons before sweet corn comes in later this season...dang things will eat an acre of sweet corn up in 2 or 3 nights. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 19:00 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

hillbilly wrote:

He is doing fine. We are just trying to get rid of the coons before sweet corn comes in later this season...dang things will eat an acre of sweet corn up in 2 or 3 nights. :evil: :evil: :evil:

You got slow coons down there man. Ours eat it up in one night. :--o :lol: :lol: Tell Chris Rox says hello, and his cousin Mike was here yesterday and says Hello too. Take care.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 07:05 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

You can send some of that rain up here :wink: We could use it.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 17:19 

We've got quite a bit of rain here in southern Pennsylvania also. I finally got 2 of my gardens in but the big one with the corn and pumpkins hasn't made it yet and I'm afraid it's getting a bit too late in the season for planting.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 21:23 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

I finally got the garden planted. Had to re-plant the corn and beans, rain washed away the seeds. Corn is finally coming up. Gonna plant another row and some more cucumbers. I like to stagger the plantings so they don't all come on at once. Hard rain here again tonight.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 22:01 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Garden here is coming along great. :D Wife planted another row of peas along side the tomatoes hoping the tomats will glean some nitrogen from the peas.