Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 23:49

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 21:05 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

My browser has started sending me AMazon Washington Post's most read articles. Probably a waste of an effort but I checked it out yesterday and ended up reading a related "article" (well, it was a editorial "blog") that ended up being a vicious strange attack on NJ Gov. Christie. I posted this post below on trapperman this morning but they had removed it within about 2 hours. I didn't think it was too crazy, maybe a bit graphic, and can tame it down if KD or the mods thinks it needs to be gone or altered. But I've seen a lot meaner stuff on tman than this and I wasn't even taking any shots at forum members. Maybe I don't see the foul except possibly the description of the figuratively neutering of Chris Christie:

" people get paid to write this kind of...crap. I know journalism isn't what it once was and even if its a blog, I'm sure this gal gets paid by the Washington Post, one of the major "national" papers, to pen this pseudo- Edgar Allen Poe lite torrent of weirdness about Chris Christie. I'm sure Alexandra felt better after she figuratively cut off the NJ governor's nads and held them high in her little feminist hand as a trophy. I suspect Alexandria has never worked a truly hard day in her life. What a nasty little female..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/co ... nl_az_most

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2016, 18:24 
Trapper
Trapper

Ya, that's why I'm not a member on Trapperman!

Don't sweat it, many people are leaving the PC tman forum.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2016, 18:33 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

A badge of honor I would say. I removed myself from trappergirl a long time ago. :roll: Too many know-it-alls and too much like the guvment, agree with them or you are second class. Screw that. :twisted:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2016, 20:29 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

doc9013 wrote:
A badge of honor I would say. I removed myself from trappergirl a long time ago. :roll: Too many know-it-alls and too much like the guvment, agree with them or you are second class. Screw that. :twisted:

.....x2..i know its hard to believe but I didn't last a week over on trappergirl...what I didn't like was, a newby would ask a basic question and they were treated as if they were stupid just for asking..lot of back biting and stuff I don't have time for, always seemed like a pissing contest over there..i am always proud of this site for not being like that..ive been on here quite awhile,there are lot of good folks on here from our brothers from the great far north to the deep south that are real good about helping out..their knowledge on all matters from hunting to trapping to fishing ,calling,butchering,trading,and life in general is unsurpassed ..its more like family..do we all get along all the time no just like most families .. disagree sometimes ..yes... but we hold it to a respectical level of disagreement.i in the past have been guilty of not getting a long sometimes but iam pretty much over that..the things I have learned on here and the friends ive met here is worth more to me than arguing over stuff that don't really matter anyway...I try and get on here everyday and it always a pleasure to do so..

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 00:34 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Just a short bit ago when WAT was down I somehow got onto that site and decided to give it a go. I answered a couple of screening questions and was approved.
I thought I'd enjoying retelling some of my trapping adventures that I
Had previously shared here on WAT
but after reading a few comments I realized I didn't get the same good vibes
That I get here. So while it's possible you Might see my name there, I won't be posting
I won't be posting. I visited other trapping sites before findinG WAT. I'm glad I'm here with a very friendly bunch of people. Big hugs!

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 05:12 

A friend of mine who I trap with every once in a while is a member on trapperman and has asked me a couple of times to join the site. I keep telling him that I've heard too many stories of of how people are treated on that site that I just didn't bother. As a matter of fact, he just brought this up to me on Friday again.

Not only do I belong to this site, but belong to about 4 other sites as well but only one other one is a dedicated trapping site called minktrapping. The other 3 sites are multi dimensional in discussion. I have to say that no other site has treated me as well as WAT has and this is one site that I have made some really good friends with that I stay in touch with outside of WAT as well.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 09:28 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

I joined Tman some years back and am one of the ones who has fun there once every decade[ain't been there since boom was a prick]. I actually love getting in dust ups with folks but I don't do it here for some reason[except a couple]. Here it's like being with friends around a coffee table. I'm on a knitting site with little ol' lady's who could show them boy's on Tman how to grow a set. :shock: They is more fun than a mud wrestling match and trust me they seen stuff most won't for years.LOL

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 19:47 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

trappintime wrote:
I joined Tman some years back and am one of the ones who has fun there once every decade[ain't been there since boom was a prick]. I actually love getting in dust ups with folks but I don't do it here for some reason[except a couple]. Here it's like being with friends around a coffee table. I'm on a knitting site with little ol' lady's who could show them boy's on Tman how to grow a set. :shock: They is more fun than a mud wrestling match and trust me they seen stuff most won't for years.LOL

When I think of you and Tman, I think of Red Frog.... :roll: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 21:38 

Swamp Rat wrote:
trappintime wrote:

When I think of you and Tman, I think of Red Frog.... :roll: :lol: :lol:

If you wanna know something just google "pussgut coyote". :shock:

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2016, 08:29 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

R, I dont dig t-man either. Still a member there, but cannot remember the last time I was on there. Im betting the reason they axed your post, is because it is considered a political posting. It seems they kinda have double standards over there, as some can post stuff like that and some cannot, just depends on who you are.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2016, 23:56 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I'll always consider WAT my home trapping forum but I don't mind mixing it up with some of those guys over there. I've also learned there are certain threads which are just best not for me to even open up because it just wears me down trying keep a positive frame of mind such controlling and/or changing the things a person can. Some of those guys must just troll the internet trying to fill the hole in their soul, a hole that either love or hate can fill but each will lead in opposite directions.

But there is also a good number of folks over there that are just as caring, interesting, and salt of earth as people on WAT. Just got to get past the blow hards, the chest thumpers, and the one notes first.

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 15:54 
Trapper
Trapper

I was banned because a vendor, wi--m--s made a really stupid statement and I called her on it. I was not rude, I did not flame her publicly, but I did make it obvious that the statement she made was totally ridiculous and the mods apparently didn't like the fact that someone made her look like the fool she was (in the post) and I was banned.

So I wrote them a PM and told them where the could stick their PC forum and that it seems that the mods play favorites and since theen, I have no time for them or the jughead who owns the forum or his daddy's lures.

To this day, I will not buy or use any lure from that name as I won't put a nickel in his sons pocket for anything.

And as that's all I got to say about that!