Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 13:50

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Hate Thieves!!
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 18:24 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

It was 60 degrees and bright sunshine today, so we went to our land to shoot our pistols, check the game cameras, and ride the Ranger. After the shooting we rode around checking the cameras and discovered someone stole 3 of the 5 cameras. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I was not a happy camper to say the least. I hope they enjoy them and God gives them their due!!

Post subject: Re: I Hate Thieves!!
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 19:28 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Had one stolen during bear season wannabe. :evil: :evil: Doesn't matter if they are on private land. thieves don't care.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 21:00 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

I know it is hard wannab, but I have about resigned myself to not overly upset with the thieves. Of course if you can locate them and your equipment that is one thing, but if there isn't a chance, I just chalk it down as "lost". I too despise thieves.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 18:18 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

my neighbor had 5 cam's stolen this year...now he has shut his land off to any hunting...that is the real shame of what a thief does..

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 18:46 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Chieftain wrote:
my neighbor had 5 cam's stolen this year...now he has shut his land off to any hunting...that is the real shame of what a thief does..

There was no one allowed to hunt on us, this was just straight up trespassing and theft!!

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 19:36 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I've said as much before, but i have to say it again. All it takes, is a moment in time away from any people (who might hold someone responsible) in the bush,,,,now add a trap, or camera, or anything "small" enough to conceal,, and BOOM..... people who tote themselves as good decent people suddenly turn into a thief. From what ive seen and witnessed, there are a heck of a lot more out there as described, then there are straight shooters EVEN when nobody is looking.

Sorry you were robbed, it always sucks. Chances/percentages are, you know of the person who stole it or someone they are connected to. Total strangers normally dont go walking about trespassing from one landowner to another, just too risky. Someone nearby knows who was on the adjacent land, more then likely, that is if it wasnt they themselves.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 22:10 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Amak wrote:
I've said as much before, but i have to say it again. All it takes, is a moment in time away from any people (who might hold someone responsible) in the bush,,,,now add a trap, or camera, or anything "small" enough to conceal,, and BOOM..... people who tote themselves as good decent people suddenly turn into a thief. From what ive seen and witnessed, there are a heck of a lot more out there as described, then there are straight shooters EVEN when nobody is looking.

Sorry you were robbed, it always sucks. Chances/percentages are, you know of the person who stole it or someone they are connected to. Total strangers normally dont go walking about trespassing from one landowner to another, just too risky. Someone nearby knows who was on the adjacent land, more then likely, that is if it wasnt they themselves.

X2 Ditto Amak.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 23:08 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Don't get me wrong in this post, I dislike thieves of ones material goods, but I gotta admit they have also been the source of much entertainment. :shock:

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 19:32 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

So sorry about the loss Mark! Would be nice to figure out who it was and take a ball bat to them, for a while. I have no faith in the law no more at all, even if they knew who it was, they would do nothin. At least that's the way it is up here. It's a no win situation for us. :evil: :evil: :evil: