Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 12:14

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 11:35 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

A two day ride to Taos and back on our bike.!!!! We left Friday, spent the night part of the way to Taos, then rode back from Taos to home on Sat.

My sweetie is a window shopper, he loves to go look. Im the opposite. I don't want to go look at what I can't have, especially if tourists are involved. I can say the best time to go to Taos is in Feb at about ten am. lol.

I heard an old timer at a gas station up in the mountains at Eagles Nest say, " Never seen a bike go through here in February". It's sad there is hardly any snow in the mountains except in the higher elevations, and on the north sides. We were riding about 9000' up. Eagles Nest was holding their yearly ice fishing contest on a small lake holding about half the water it once did. Lots of little shops and houses for sale. Also went to some costly ski resort for a look see. cute town called Red River.

West of us the Rockies jut up right out of the prairie.
West of Cimarron is Carson Nat. Forest and Carson Canyon, with so many different firs, pines and cedars. Cant wait to ride through there about aug just for the aroma of hot oozing sap from the trees. Saw lots of beaver dams on the small creeks, a herd of cow elk, and a buck with quite a few doe.
It was plenty cold up that high in the morning when we went on into Taos. We get all bundles up and stay warm.
I've never been down into the southwest so I find it thrilling to go through towns I've heard about for years in old Westerns, Trinidad, Cimarron, Taos. Raton.

Going to be rolling cookies today however. And working on a couple blankets. Enjoy your day, msg
Also to check the brake fluid on my dirt bike. After I survive a few months on the dirt bike, Im graduating to one of these for a bit till something more suitable comes along.
An '89 Honda 750cc Interceptor. Honda's first crotch rocket. My sweetie commented when he gave it to me that there's not many of them on the road any more because of all the wrecks on them..... What?????... He clarified that it was because the riders weren't accustomed at the time, to a motor cycle with that big of an engine on a light weight frame.....
Oh, well I'll be driving it like I drive my 94 Toyota, very gently, after all I am a grandma !!!!! 8)

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 17:39 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Sounds like a great trip. If it's anything like Arizona, I'm sure it's beautiful country.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 19:01 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

The trip would have been a blast without bugs in your teeth. Rolling cookies is far less dangerous than rolling bikes. :wink:

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 09:07 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

LOL :lol:
Yes T.T. for sure rolling cookies is safer,
but never once while rolling cookies,
Was I so content with my life,
That I thought it a good day to die.

I've fought a good fight and have finally won. :mrgreen: Musselshell Gal

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 10:00 

Ma'am, I've ate cookies that were to die for but never have enjoyed just laying back, staring at the clouds on a bike doing 90mph. :lol: I salute you for being able to cook. :D

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2015, 08:42 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

yep, clouds seen under those conditions are the best !

FREEDOM~LIBERTY