Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:16

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my summer in short
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 06:07 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Hey guys
So as always I am hammering away at life keeping busy with the ever growing restaurant . Which happened to win best non franchise bbq restaurant in the state of ky. And doing my nuisance trapping that keeps me running hard it's always tempting to buy a sec truck and hire someone . Then I look at the work force and change my mind. I am currently training my 13 year old nephew to do it I want him to take the industry by storm when he hits 18.
My 4 girls are doing great but something was still missing so we now have temporary custody of a 5 year old boy that we are in the process of adopting. He has alot to learn he just now got to where dirt doesn't make him cry.
We are currently selling our house shop and land and are planning to build on our bigger property we have run out of room in the 4 bedroom house lol.
I have had my summer trapping class and it went great getting ready to setup for the fall class . Ky afield wants to come do some more filming so that's pretty exciting.
I am getting set up for season gathering the supplies and charting my maps and schedule. It's going to be a busy season.
Had an awesome visit with Ben he came down and shot some gar and a carp conditions were only so so wish it had been better but I was super pumped by the visit.
I bought my old house back that we first moved into when we came back home to western ky so I am getting that all lined out I really dislike renters tho lol.
Let's see what else has happened my wife bought a new 20th suburban it's pretty awesome I also got a free 1978 short bed ford with a 400 small block that runs and drives apparently it pays to be nice and to take old ladies skunks out from under their houses for free. Lol
I have lost some great friends and people this year but it only teaches me that you never know when one being a 20 year old employee to a tragic car accident all the WY to my families dearest friend Ann who at almost 65 lost a battle with brain cancer the circle of life can be hard we just have to learn to be harder and sharpen our blade against its rotating wheel of time.

That about sums up my whole summer without getting into to many minor details of hand catching skunks crazy Peta people bugging me etc etc .

Hope all are having a great year so far and that your chains will be straight and solid.

Post subject: Re: my summer in short
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 08:58 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Sorry for your losses and happy about your boy.

Live Free or Die

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 10:55 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Micah

You seem to always have a full schedule. Glad there are so many positive events going on for you and your family.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014, 22:25 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Micahseavers,

Great to hear you got a free truck, those 400 small block Ford engines are actually a
351M/400. Remember that if you have to buy something for the engine at a parts place.
It will help you get the correct part. If it hasn't worn off or been removed, there will be a
sticker on the driver's side valve cover telling you this. The valve cover bolt pattern is
different and (if I remember correctly) the water pump is different than a 351C block.
Main difference is that the stroke is a little longer than a 351C and the bell housing is
the same as a Ford big block. With that out of the way, sorry to hear of your losses and I hope your gains mitigate them somewhat.

Kelley

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 00:22 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Micah- Nice to hear your updates. Sounds like a busy life!! I don't know if the "circle of life" for us humans but there is certainly a "season" for each thing we experience and not all lives are on the same time step.

Your bow fishing partner, was it Ben from old "pa steel" fame?? If so, I hope he finds some time for trapping thi9s year but I'm sure he's busy and maybe still moving around the country trying to find his niche. I sometimes wish I could have back a few of those trapping seasons in the past that I passed up but then again I was needed in other duties and I wouldn't trade those days for more fur any day...

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 19:27 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

you sure are a busy man Micah. Congrats on all the success.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.