Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 14:04

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2014, 17:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I'm not much of a milk drinker but I certainly like cheese and ice cream :) . I came across this book (and this review) at work today trying to do some geography of where some major metro areas get their milk. I knew national milk production was messed up because of fed gov's long standing hands in the cookie jar (and then how big industry arises--both on the farm and in manufactuirng of the finished "products" in how to make the most money while screwing the little guys by finding all the "angles" in the rules) but this was pretty enlightening. What a mess has been created...

http://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/milk ... id=2242198

But, people have found ways to fight back in some cases. This article is old (2003) but I found it amusing how these folks fought the various state gov. regulators for people who want to drink raw milk. Don't know how people like these have fared in more recent times but I hope the fight continues (not that I'm a big believer in raw milk but more because I believe in letting honest people make their own decisions among themselves. What a novel concept :--o !!).

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 3513076300

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2014, 17:55 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

My enter life has been spent using whole milk and it's byproducts. I find it amusing the the governments try to make it illegal because we are some of the few who will survive their [polite words] poop storm.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2014, 19:27 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

In Missouri they fine and put people in jail for selling raw milk. They raised the Amish community my cousin bought raw milk from. Also fined them for selling eggs.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2014, 07:56 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Back- If you "liked" what happened to Missouri (I don't know the details), you'll "love" this story about the FDA running a sting operation against an Amish farm out east. They got this one guy to sell across state lines which then allowed the FDA to come after him. The nanny state drunk with power and arrogance!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/02/w ... zbHYoUyl-w

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2014, 10:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Nothing surprises me anymore. Im not a big Amish fan. We've had alot of run ins with them over property lines etc and their poaching but its still their right to sell their products to whomever if the person understands the. "Risk ". Illinois has done some " cracking down" also but its not been as extensive .. Yet....