Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 01:38

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 16:18 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Seems that Virginia's Lawmakers just voted in the new law that allows hunting on private lands in Virginia on Sundays.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 16:48 

They tried to do that here in PA as well. But so many older hunters and the PA Farm Bureau are so against Sunday hunting it never made it to the floor.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 17:38 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

oh yes!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 17:42 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Hate it with a passion but because the citidiots have far larger voting powers us in the rural areas[where them SOB's hunt] have to put up with seven days a week hunting. We used to get one day a week off from checking gates and such but not now and they also extended the season by a bunch.
Sorry for the rant.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 19:06 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Wish it would pass here. It sucks that we have to work all week and only get one day to hunt, while the poachers and people on guvment handouts hunt 7 days a week anyway. :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 19:23 

doc9013 wrote:
Wish it would pass here. It sucks that we have to work all week and only get one day to hunt, while the poachers and people on guvment handouts hunt 7 days a week anyway. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Guess I know which group in the post above you belong in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 22:24 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Seems good to me. Some time a hard working man works 6 days a week and only has Sunday to spend with his boys HUNTING. Fine by me.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 08:37 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

wolf1199 wrote:
Seems good to me. Some time a hard working man works 6 days a week and only has Sunday to spend with his boys HUNTING. Fine by me.

X2

Live Free or Die

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 19:47 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

X3.. Dunno how to repost. Every opportunity afield is good. When i first learned of the sunday hunting prohibitions i thought someone was pulling my leg. Cant imagine dealing with that crap.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 19:54 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Man that is weird to not be able to hunt all week long, at least for me. What is their reasoning for not allowing hunting on Sundays?

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 21:03 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

religion mostly

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 21:13 

cat-man-jr wrote:
Man that is weird to not be able to hunt all week long, at least for me. What is their reasoning for not allowing hunting on Sundays?

Many farmers here in Pennsylvania that allow hunting in their property said that they would post it and close it to hunting if Sunday hunting has passed. The PA Farmers have a lot of pull with the Game Commission and the state legislators.

This was also debated on the PA Hunting web site and it's amazing that it's only about 60% to 40% in favor of Sunday hunting. Most that are against it saying that it should be a day spent with families.

As for myself, I sort of don't want to see Sunday hunting either because it's a day I can be more casual checking my trapline. No hunters out stealing fur so I don't have to check traps before daylight. I've never seen Sunday hunting in my life so it's just something that seems normal to me.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 21:32 

The vandalism goes up on Sunday with hunting. People who can't find something to shoot still think they need to burn powder and that means signs, cows, statues and what have you are not safe even for one day. If they would make Wednesday a non hunting day that would be fine with me but for gosh sakes 4 months without a break from the citijits is just too much.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 22:09 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Surprising that they would have that much pull for hunting regs. But I guess it is who has the majority at the time. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I don't know that I agree about things being safer without Sunday hunting. An idiot will be an idiot regardless of the day. At least around here anyways. Not any more mishaps around here than I guess goes on anywhere else. A lot has to deal with what you are use to, people don't typically like change. I will say i wouldn't like to have laws to where I couldn't hunt on Sundays, but I am use to being able to.

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 05:14 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I can understand how slobs could make a person want a "free day". But, you cant regulate stupid. Its like closing Sundays to any other thing, driving for instance. Education and enforcement of laws would help with the slobs. Like CMJr said they can be stupid on any given day. Sunday hunting has fond memories for me. I cant imagine those memories never having taken place. My stepdad worked hard all week and sometimes was too sore by saturday to even walk much. Religious beliefs making us stay home and watch tv etc is unthinkable. Thats one of the reasons Europeans came here( among others) freedom and religious freedom in particular. One portion of society tolerating archaic laws is almost laughable. If religion is truly the fire behind it then all sports/hobbies etc should be prohibited. Imagine a state not allowing the NFL to be played or viewed in its borders, or NASCAR.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 12:01 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

What's next? No fishing on Sunday? I guess that would go against the "religion" aspect wouldn't it... :roll: blah, blah, blah.

Here in Wisconsin I hunt on Sunday's and love it.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 12:57 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I've walked around many a priairie "catheral" while hunting on Sunday mornings (usually away from home trips). Nothing stops me from talking to the Man Upstairs and keeping my eyes peeled at the same time for game...

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 13:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

NonPCfed wrote:
I've walked around many a priairie "catheral" while hunting on Sunday mornings (usually away from home trips). Nothing stops me from talking to the Man Upstairs and keeping my eyes peeled at the same time for game...

X1000

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 22:08 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Governor sign the bill into law today fellas...