Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 23:14

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: super bowl commercials
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 20:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Is it just me or is the commercials going down hill? Abouht the funniest I seen was the commercials with Tebow on them. What did you all think of the coke commercial with all the different languages singing America the beautiful?

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 20:54 

They weren't good. To be nice. The game is real bad too.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 21:02 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I did like Namath and Simms coyote fur coats they were sporting.

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 22:43 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Won't even talk about the game (I've been on the losing side of Super Bowls--Vikings, Bills, Broncos after their first one against the old Cowboys--more than I've been on the winning side). For ads costing 4 million for 30 seconds, I thought there was a lot of lame ones (or perhaps I'm just out of vogue with whatever the key demographic focus groups say now is funny). I had no idea what the minute long Maserati ad was selling until the very end (then again, if you're selling cars that cost six figures perhaps you don't have to sell many to recoup your 8 million SB ad...). The second Tebo ad was pretty good and the last Doritos (the kid cowboy riding the St. Bearnard--or whatever it was) will get talked about.

I heard somewhere recently that the best ads have a surprise punch line, usually at the very end. For that one, I think the Cheerios one scored high, the little girl's request for a puppy besides her new baby brother (surprise 1) and then the mom's facial expression in reaction to the dad giving into the puppy request (surprise 2). That was a very nice family one. My MiL was all goo-gaga over the Bud ad with the Lab puppy and the Clydesdale horse before the game (strategically released by Bud before the game to get buzz). It was alright but it didn't really do much for me. I guest I'm just not that much of the dog guy (most little animals are cute).

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 22:57 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

We cut up 6 sides of bacon and wrapped them. Never missed a commercial. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 23:11 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I thought the oikos commercial with the full house crew was good. A little crude, but funny.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 05:09 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

This was the first Super Bowl that ive watched since the Bears won in '85(?). There was about 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter when i got done tossin wings. I watched 90% of the rest. Waste of time. Fiancé wanted to watch it out of the blue? The coke commercial i felt was offensive and it really got a rise out of her. I liked the Budweiser commercial with the returning service man. Doritos and M n M were cute. Rest were humdrum at best. We were gonna have a Mick Dodge marathon. I feel cheated.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 08:37 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Something I seen at the beginning of the game was a U2 commercial. I don't know how many saw it, but the just of it is that they have a free download via iTunes for a free song of U2's, I think it was called invisible. For every download bank of America is going to onate $1 to AIDS research. Not a lot I know, but if a lot of people do it then it makes a difference. This free download lasts until 5 tonight I think. So if you have an iTunes account and feel compelled you might look into it. I did it last night and it was indeed free. No idea what the song is about or what's in it, so I have no idea if it is kid appropriate or not.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 09:32 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

If it was any band except U2 theres 7 of us in this household/family that would. U2 has donated alot of money to PETA and have supported anti fur lobbies and posters in Europe. On a different note, after thinking about it the Honda/Bruce Willis commercial while simple and plain did bring alot of good perspective about what is important. Im not a Honda vehicle fan but many friends have Honda 4 wheelers and they are workhorses.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 09:42 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well have to admit I didn't know that about U2, but, there isn't any money going to U2 so I don't mind doing it, song itself is free. It's just the number of downloads equals the money the bank of America sends to research. I guess U2's name would be associated with it, but even though I don't like their stance on the animal rights issues, I can applaud them for this. If nothing else once the 24 hour period to download it is over, I can delete it.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 18:28 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Oh its a good cause no doubt at all. I sometimes wonder if some of the celebrities etc do charity for the charity itself or the PR/recognition. When i worked all my monthly charity donations were anonymous. We still do alot for cancer research and autism. We're collecting donated items right now from businesses for a quarter auction in April for Relay for life. Charity is a pet peeve of mine sometimes, when multi millionaires ask for donations and come to find out they donate little themselves. Vice President did that a year or so back. Less then $300 a year for charity but claimed to be a humanitarian and philanthropist. Ive been known to cuss a few of them when theyre on the TV. My fiancé went ahead and downloaded the U2 and is doing the other downloads now. im odd that way. I wouldnt watch anything with Jane Fonda either but a year ago or so finally watched On Golden Pond. Some music i wont allow in my house either due to the artists stances on things i hold dear.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 19:17 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I can understand that, no problem here. I still have yet to hear the song, not sure I will lol.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 20:56 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I doubt i listen to it, not my genre. Doubt my babes do either. More celebs like Uncle Ted need to speak up and out. Lotsa NASCAR drivers and sports peiple hunt and fish but its like a Stigmas attached. Joe Perry stood up for gun owners and hunting. I know some of the new country stars have to be pro gun, pro outdoors and pro America.