Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 01:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2013, 17:24 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

This was forwarded to me today at work. Pretty interesting. And as far as I know they're not even capturing the ng out of the Bakken as of yet with the oil production. To put into presepctive what the 3 oil leading areas produce daily against U.S. consumption, it equals about 19% of our need according to this map link I found. I find the map pretty stunning. If anyone you know thinks that China and us aren't in a giantantic struggle to be the top economy in the word, just show them this map. There's no one else in that 10+ million barrels a day neighborhood...

Marcellus nat gas boom gaining speed, EIA reports
By Edward Felker
Soaring productivity at natural gas wells in the Marcellus Shale region last month pushed daily output to a new record, according to federal data published Monday.

Already the most productive domestic region on a per-rig basis, Marcellus wells in Pennsylvania and West Virginia produced more than 13 billion cubic feet per day in November, the department's Energy Information Administration said in its monthly drilling productivity report.

That level accounted for nearly a fifth of the nation's total gas production.

The Marcellus output was more than double that of the second-highest producing region, the Haynesville Shale in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, where wells yielded about 6.5 billion cubic feet per day.

The production totals are the latest reflection of the Marcellus region's rapid gas production growth, made possible by hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling techniques. In 2010, Marcellus fields produced just 2 billion cubic feet per day, EIA noted.

"The rise of Marcellus production in both absolute terms and as a share of total U.S. production is a key development in a rapidly evolving U.S. natural gas market," EIA said.

Output from wells in the Marcellus rose about 419 million cubic feet per day over October levels, EIA said, even as the number of rigs remained flat at about 100.

The growing productivity of new wells combined with greater pipeline capacity to drive overall output numbers higher. EIA said infrastructure upgrades also prompted more production from existing wells that were either offline or running at reduced output.

At new wells, average gas production of 6.038 million cubic feet per day per rig was the highest in the nation, outpacing the Haynesville Shale by about 1 million cubic feet per day.

The market impact in the Marcellus region has been notable as well, with Marcellus production displacing gas that had been formerly piped in from the southeast and Gulf Coast, EIA said.

Futures prices in the region at the Columbia Gas Transmission Appalachia hub have dropped below those at the Henry Hub in Louisiana, which sets the domestic benchmark.

In oil production, the Permian Basin in western Texas and eastern New Mexico remained king, producing 1.335 million barrels a day in November.

It was followed by the Eagle Ford in southwest Texas at 1.226 million barrels and the Bakken in North Dakota and Montana at 1 million barrels. The Bakken was estimated to be alone among the three in terms of growth, with output expected to rise to 1.025 million barrels a day in December.

http://www.eia.gov/countries/index.cfm?view=consumption

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2013, 20:54 
Trapper
Trapper

Very interesting, I have a friend who has a trucking company and they haul quite a bit of sand to the well sites. What he has told me is that there are quite a number of Marcellus wells that are not connected yet to the pipeline infrastructure. Once they get the pipelines in place, the production will increase dramatically. Thanks for sharing Nonpc!!