Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 01:03

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 16:44 
Trapper
Trapper

Yes sir, you hit the nail on the head. All about communism.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 17:40 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

That's exactly right Jase: They don't want to prosecute them because crimes would be further reduced and weaken their main agenda.......... gun control.

Same reason they don't control the border.......

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 19:12 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

jase wrote:
In 2010, there were 15+K felons and fugitives that tried to purchase a gun illegally under our current laws. Out of 15K, the Federal government and Obama justice department, only moved to prosecute 44...........44??????? :shock: :--o :--? That's right. 44 out of 15,000+. It's obvious, they are NOT concerned about the publics safety because of guns in the wrong hands. I think we all know, to Obama it's about strictly people control,,,,,,not gun control.

http://clashdaily.com/2013/04/cruz-cont ... z2QAbAeNNq

Just a little read for you. There was a lot more and I found, it was unbelievable. My opinion is many factors contributed to what is happening today before Obama came on the scene.

Home
About

Overview
Take Action

Donate
Fact Sheets:

Blog

Fact Sheet: Illegal gun trafficking arms criminals & youth

On an average day in the U.S., guns are used to kill more than 80 people, injure almost 300 more, and commit approximately 3,000 crimes. Since John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, more Americans have been shot and killed on our own soil than in all the 20th-century wars combined.

What’s not well-known is that the vast majority of the approximately 12,000 annual gun murders and 66,000 non-fatal shootings are committed by people who have no legal right to a gun. How do criminals and other prohibited people get guns so easily? Through a highly efficient, organized, and profitable business of gun trafficking that moves guns from legal manufacture to dealers to criminals and young people who can’t buy guns legally.

Where do crime guns come from?

Virtually every gun starts out as a legally manufactured product, but the
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) points to three common ways guns move from legal distribution channels to the criminal market:
•Corrupt federally licensed gun dealers: Federally licensed gun dealers send more guns to the criminal market than any other single source. Nearly 60% of the guns used in crime are traced back to a small number—just 1.2%—of crooked gun dealers. Corrupt dealers frequently have high numbers of missing guns, in many cases because they’re selling guns “off the books” to private sellers and criminals. In 2005, the ATF examined 3,083 gun dealers and found 12,274 “missing” firearms.
•Straw purchasing: Straw purchasing is the most common way criminals get guns, accounting for almost 50% of trafficking investigations. A straw purchaser is someone with a clean record who buys guns on behalf of someone legally prohibited from possessing guns. Straw purchasers are often the friends, relatives, spouses or girlfriends of prohibited purchasers. The two Columbine High School shooters recruited friends to buy guns for them at Colorado gun shows. One of the buyers admitted she would not have bought the guns if she had been required to submit to a background check.
•Gun Shows and private gun sales: Gun shows have been called “Tupperware parties for criminals” because they attract large numbers of prohibited buyers. A loophole in federal law allows unlicensed or “private” sellers, many of whom work out of gun shows, to lawfully sell or transfer guns without conducting a criminal background check. Gun show dealers have been known to advertise to criminals with signs that read “no background checks required here.”

How Federal Gun Policy Contributes
to Illegal Trafficking

Congress has passed a series of laws in recent years that allow easy access to guns and restrict law enforcement’s ability to go after traffickers. Three policies in particular impede law enforcement’s ability to prosecute traffickers:
•Keeping crime gun trace information secret: Until 2002, the ATF released aggregate crime gun trace reports to local police departments, researchers, policymakers and public safety advocates. The reports revealed for the first time that 1.2% of federally licensed gun dealers supply 57% of the guns used in crime. But, bowing to pressure from the gun lobby, Congress voted to restrict police access to crime gun trace data and cut off public access altogether. These restrictions, known as the Tiahrt Amendments (named for the Kansas Congressman who sponsored the bill), have passed in every Department of Justice budget since 2003, despite the fact that prominent law enforcement associations oppose them as a serious threat to public safety.
•Handcuffing the ATF: The ATF, the sole government agency charged with enforcing federal gun laws, has operated without a permanent director since the Bush Administration, and operates with just 1,800 agents to monitor approximately 77,000 gun dealers. Given these constraints, it would take ATF 22 years to inspect all federally licensed gun dealers. Even if the ATF had the manpower to inspect most gun dealers, federal law limits the agency to a single unannounced inspection of a dealer in any 12-month period. Congress has made it increasingly difficult for the ATF to revoke licenses of crooked gun dealers.
•An absence of records: It is impossible for law enforcement to know the whereabouts of millions of firearms in circulation today because Federal law explicitly bars the ATF from establishing a database of retail firearms sales, and private gun sellers are not required to keep a paper trail of transactions. Prior to 2001, federal authorities maintained criminal background check records for up to six months. Under President Bush, Attorney General John Ashcroft reversed this policy and ordered the destruction of all criminal background check records within 24 hours. Even though the General Accounting Office found that destroying these records endangers public safety, the policy remains in effect.

Go to our donate page and become a Supporting Member today. [Link]

Private Guns, Public Health. David Hemenway, 2005
HYPERLINK “http://www.mayorsagainstillegalgunscoalition” www.mayorsagainstillegalgunscoalition
Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition
A Gathering Storm. Police Executive Research Forum, 2006
Disrupting Illegal Guns Markets in Boston. Braga and Pierce, 2005
5. ATF 2000
Commerce in Firearms. ATF 2000
Murder and the Gun Maker. Worcester Magazine, 2007
Regulating Guns in America. Legal Community Against Gun Violence, 2006
Following the Gun
HYPERLINK “http://www.csgv.org” www.csgv.org Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
HYPERLINK “http://www.violencepolicycenter.org” www.violencepolicycenter.org Violence Policy Center
Pursuing honor students more than gangsters. Arizona Republic, 2007
The Damage Done. Buffalo News, 2005
Selling Crime. Americans for Gun Safety, 2004
The NRA: A Criminal’s Best Friend. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, 2006
Death Valley. Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, 2007
Without a Trace. Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, 2006

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 19:31 
Trapper
Trapper

What we really need is more government control, this obama administration is insane. My six year old nephew has more sense than these idiots.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 19:45 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

coyote 1 wrote:
What we really need is more government control, this obama administration is insane. My six year old nephew has more sense than these idiots.

coyote, I too frequently call them idiots, but they are not. These people are intelligent, but worse yet they are persistent. They will not stop. They have been chipping away at our freedoms for decades, republican and democrat. Party matters no more, they all crave power and money and THAT is the agenda.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 20:10 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

doc9013 wrote:
coyote 1 wrote:

coyote, I too frequently call them idiots, but they are not. These people are intelligent, but worse yet they are persistent. They will not stop. They have been chipping away at our freedoms for decades, republican and democrat. Party matters no more, they all crave power and money and THAT is the agenda.

AMEN doc---preach on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 20:34 
Trapper
Trapper

doc9013 wrote:
coyote 1 wrote:

It is true they are smart, but they are useing their power for the wrong reasons. I would rather see them putting their heads to use on fixing the economy and creating jobs instead of takeing our rights away. The whole keep people safe is just wool being pulled over peoples eyes. Like you said the power and money is the agenda. They can't have all power without disarming america, i just wish people other than hunters and trappers could understand this. I used the nephew analogy because even he knows people should not be disarmed, more good people with guns the safer we are.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 20:28 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

Ok, I can see the "straw purchaser" being a problem, but I'd like to know where the hell you can go to a gun show and buy a gun without the paper trail! I would be right there!!!! :twisted: :twisted: Also the gun dealers with missing guns? What is the penalty for losing the paperwork filed or not having guns that were on the inventory log and not listed as sold with the buyers information in the log book as required by law?

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 20:54 

I'm for Politician Control. They need to be stopped before someone gets hurt!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 08:29 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

they need to make bombs illegal ..... all i can say fellas is. you better pray to god, that i am not the president,

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 20:48 
Trapper
Trapper

sorry spelling not that good tonight been running tiered,haven't been on in awhile been fighting this very thing here in NY and now Cummo(hitler) is trying to get sround HIPAA laws to get at our firearms, been to four rallies and two town meetings all my spare time spent fighting it and educating people on firearms and how they really work. there is a sad story that gets repeaded around here and that is many volient crimes comitted by repeat criminals. one retiered police officer had his son killed who also was an officer, by four full time criminals. combined they had over a hunderd felonys two of them just out of jail on murder they got 4 years. now what good is it to keep someone like that on our streets in fact bring back captail punshment if, you have ten felonies you contrbute nothing to the people. but we still bend over backwards to please them that do us wrong. I work hard and they do wrong just to go get their three meals a day sorry but thats really got me mad as hello

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 15:15 
Trapper
Trapper

PREACH ON JASE, finally people who understand, i have a renewed hope. :D

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 13:20 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Yes, we need more gun control laws!! I just read where neither one of the Boston bombing suspects had permits for their guns. :--o :--o :--o We need more gun control laws because these danged criminals are not following the rules. :evil:

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 13:37 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

jase wrote:
NYdogtrapper wrote:
sorry spelling not that good tonight been running tiered,haven't been on in awhile been fighting this very thing here in NY and now Cummo(hitler) is trying to get sround HIPAA laws to get at our firearms, been to four rallies and two town meetings all my spare time spent fighting it and educating people on firearms and how they really work. there is a sad story that gets repeaded around here and that is many volient crimes comitted by repeat criminals. one retiered police officer had his son killed who also was an officer, by four full time criminals. combined they had over a hunderd felonys two of them just out of jail on murder they got 4 years. now what good is it to keep someone like that on our streets in fact bring back captail punshment if, you have ten felonies you contrbute nothing to the people. but we still bend over backwards to please them that do us wrong. I work hard and they do wrong just to go get their three meals a day sorry but thats really got me mad as hello

Nothing to be sorry for, you are right on the money. You are also an inspiration, and great patriot. Keep up the good fight, and never surrender. We need many more folks just like you, that are willing to do something about this horse crap that is going on.

Instead of more gun control, hows about they enforce the ones that are established now? Even when they DO find a person that by law cannot have a gun in possession, and they still do,,,,, they let them go, or won't even look to find them in the first place. You know if they arrested and jailed all that are breaking the already established gun laws, we would not be in the trouble we are in now with all the shootings,,,at least most of them.

So many of the shooters, have had violent criminal records full of violent history. How about jailing them before they get a gun or some other destructive device, and massacre people? Or like you stated, capitol punishment obviously worked well in the recent past, what about that? The only thing that more gun control will bring, is offending the Constitutional rights of decent law abiding people. The criminals are not suppose to have access to guns now under our presant laws, but they still have them none the less. Do folks really believe that the criminals are going to suddenly change, and abide by the laws of more gun control,,,,or are they still going to kill people with a gun that they will do anything to get, including murder? If they can't get it done with a gun, then a bomb, or knife, or ball bat, or anything else they can use,,,because the problem is with the sick person. Very few surprises have popped up with these murderers, and only later do we find out that they have had a violent past record, and many are felons. Instead of gun control, how about criminal control? Instead, the same people that want to take away the law abiding and responsable citizens guns with "new" laws, are also known to stand in the way of proper justice for the murderers and felons and people with all the violent crime historys. Of course, without a bunch of violent people running around shooting people up, they cannot push their hidden adjenda under the guise of "gun control",, which is indeed about U.S. citizen control, so don't be fooled by drinking the "Barry" flavored kool aid. If they lock up most of the "bad guys", THEN they have no one to point at, so they can scream to the top of their lungs "GUN CONTROL". NEVER LET US FORGET, GUNS HAVE NO BRAINS, AND CANNOT PULL THEIR OWN TRIGGER. IT TAKES A CRIMINAL MIND TO PULL THE TRIGGER ON INNOCENT HUMANS. MOST OF THOSE WHO DO, HAVE GIVEN AMPLE REASON TO TAKE MORE DRASTIC MEASURES OF JUSTICE IN THEIR PAST, BUT WERE LET GO TO ROAM, BECAUSE OF THE LIBERALS DECITFUL MEASURES. SO THE GUN CONTROL ENTHUSIAST FIGHT FOR THEIR (CRIMINALS) RIGHTS, AND LET THEM GO, SO THEY CAN GO DO THE DEED IN ORDER FOR THE LOW ACCOUNT POLITICIANS TO HAVE CLOUT TO CLEAR GUNS OUT OF THE UNITED STATES WITH.

IN THE PAST IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT IT TAKES A FOOL TO INVADE THE U.S.,BECAUSE THERE IS A GUN POKING OUT FROM EVERY DOOR AND WINDOW. YES WE ARE THE GREATEST HOMELAND SECURITY, NOT THE FEDS. I DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHAT WILL BEGIN TO HAPPEN, IF THERE ARE NO GUNS POKING OUT FROM EVERY DOOR AND WINDOW......INVASION IS INEVITABLE WITH THE END MEANS OF GUN CONTROL, AND CAN BE DONE FORGEIN OR DOMESTIC,,,,, TERROIST, OR GOVERNMENT. GUN BANS HAVE NEVER, IN FACT, MADE ANY DIFFERENCE OTHER THAN AN INCREASE IN VIOLENT CRIMES. PARTICULAR GUN BANS AND MAGIZINE BANS, ARE BUT THE BEGINNINGS OF A GREATER AND MORE COMPLETE GUN BAN. THEY CLAIM WE NEED TO RID THE U.S. OF "MILITARY STYLE ASSAULT WEAPONS"......DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THEIR WORDING? ASSAULT WEAPONS? AREN'T ALL WEAPONS CAPABLE OF ASSAULT? IT JUST SOUNDS BETTER TO PROMOTE THEIR DESIRES....MILITARY STYLE? I AM CERTAIN ALL THE MILITARY TACTICAL WEAPONS HAVE FULL AUTOMATIC CAPABILITIES, YET THEY THROW THAT INTO THE MIX ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE "BARRY" FLAVORED KOOL AID.

We the people MUST fight to keep our guns as if our lives depend on it......because they do.

Let’s take a look at the term “military style” weapon. At one point in time in the USA a “flint lock” rifle was a “military style” weapon, because the military had them. Then the “bolt action” rifle became a “military style” weapon because the military had them. Then the “semi-automatic” rifle became a “military style” weapon, because the military had them to. Now we have the “assault” rifle which is a “military style” rifle, because the military uses them, oh, and don’t forget, the military uses pistols also. Every gun platform ever available to the general public in this country was, or is, a “military style” weapon, because the military uses them. So when the gun control nuts say they want to ban “military style” weapons, they really are saying, “We want to ban ALL guns in this country”!!!!!