Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 09:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 00:05 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Well Trap I guess you are just like my wife. Or Maybe I should say I cannot communicate with either of you. Don't really care how many millions of bucks you make, you won't take it with you. Just like I came into the world naked and will go out that way. My point was : you sold traps that some politician told you were illegal. I never figured you for one who gave a (Please excuse my language, I'm a bonehead) what some politician considered legal or illegal, or have I completely missed the boat ? :shock:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 01:14 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yeah, I wonder how many legholds are still firing out in the empty spots of Colorado away from the urban front range?? If I lived out there, I could care less what the nimrods in Denver and Boulder said. Civil disobedience anyone??

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 06:52 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Doc I sold some old traps I don't use anymore that were in a box I tripped over for 10 years. It's easier to place a coil spring than a long spring. I ain't trapping as much as I used to so what was the point in passing up a good dollar?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 22:22 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Got the same thing with coyote traps here, they all have to be offset or soft catch. The loophole is that there are no regulations for fox traps, so coyotes can just be incidental in fox traps :roll:

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 08:58 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

tt- I sold some wild turkey tail feathers last night on ebay and got 73 cents a piece for them (I'm not counting the little feathers I included in the lot, just the main 13 inchers). Still have to pay ebay and paypal fees but I'll take over 50 cents a feather any day, especially when it came from a road hit hen a couple miles down the road. I had to drive over to the state agency place after a dental appt. to pick the bird up out of the CO's pick-up because he actually retrieved it for me after I called about it. But that was worth the drive (have a chunk of breast meat somewhere in the freezer from that bird as well). :)

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 11:28 

PC if I was to dry pic a whole bird what would you guess a person could get for all the feathers? If it's more than the meat I know the world has gone crazy. :shock:

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 21:13 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trappintime- My experiences in selling wild turkey feathers, there are only certain ones people want; the long wing feathers, the long tail feathers, and the beard. I've tried selling a bag of body feathers only for a low price and had no takers. My state spring tom license is $25 and generally I can get that back by selling the wing and tail feathers, I usually sell the tail as a dried spread out fans that people can mount. The fans can go for more (I've sold them from $10-35 a piece). Beard packages are usually a 2-3 in a lot. What do you sell your whole cleaned turkeys for??

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 22:13 

$3lb on average. Sold a 28lb bird before Christmas to some lady who's brother "had to have" an organic bird for $110. That was fun.LOL

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2015, 13:02 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Sold a set of tires for my dad this morning. I posted them at about 11 o'clock, and they were picked up at 1:30. Gotta love kijiji :)

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 15:41 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I think a guy can sell anything on kijiji if they look/try hard enough. This could be something you could look into also trappintime

I butchered 5 of my rabbits this Saturday past, and I just threw all the heads, hides, feet and guts into a bucket, and had intended to use them for coyote bait. But I seen an ad on kijiji, someone looking for guts and meat scraps to feed their dogs. Long story short I have someone supposed to come in half an hour to buy it for five bucks. Not much right now, but I think I will be able to sell them muskrat carcasses, once I double check the legalities of it this weekend. so I am hoping to be able to develop this further.

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 18:10 

LHB is on a roll folks. 8) Finding money in what most throw out as junk is a grand way to make a decent living without much effort. I do kijiji :wink: . One thing to remember on there is if you have an item for a different market than your own to list it there.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 20:47 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

My family can't believe some of the stuff I've managed to sell on there lol. In the spring I may trying to sell rabbit crap for fertilizer, I've heard it can sell well in some places. I usually have 5-10 ads on kijiji at any given time.

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13