Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 17:36

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ammo shortage
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 08:32 
Trapper
Trapper

We now know who caused the ammo shortage and it was a calculated move.The so called "dept of homeland security" contracted the big 3 ammo makers, Remington, Federal, Winchester for 1.6 Billion rounds. Why would an agency that operates between Canada and Mexico need more ammo than the military has used in 10 years in the middle east? I went to a gun show recently to pick up a couple bricks of 22. All that was there was Fiochi[?] at $99.00 a brick.

Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 08:55 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

There is no doubt that it is a calculated move. They see the huge explosion in numbers of guns sold and states passing laws to completely trash anything the federal gov't is trying to do. That isn't something they take too kindly to. Bill Clinton said it best (as for the liberal mindset on the issue of guns) I don't have to take your guns, I don't want to take guns away. But, I can take away your ammo (or something to that effect). That is what we are seeing today. They realize they are not going to be able to take our guns, so they are trying to take away ammo, and components of the guns. Can I prove it, no. But, it doesn't seem too hard to see. Their story on why they are doing what they are doing (or lack of a story) just doesn't add up. We are headed for a battle, who knows how bad it will get, but looking ahead, I don't think it is going to be pretty.

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 09:12 
Trapper
Trapper

reload reload reload just a little hard getting powder

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 13:45 

x2 on the last two posts!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 14:15 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

X3!! I bought some bullets, Sierra 30 cal 165 gr bthp, 100/box for $45, was just over $30 until recently. Powder is tough to come by as well, as far as Varget goes, but I got a couple pounds finally.

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 16:34 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Yeah, but if you don't already own a press or dies, good luck on finding them!!! I have been able to pick up over a 1000 rounds in the last week, so there is some ammo trickling in.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 21:16 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

jase wrote:
Yes, I am starting to see a little release of ammo. I just bought 500 rnds recently. It don't last long, and it's still overpriced, but I am seeing more of it, and at lower prices than I have been seeing in the last 3 months. Most of the ammo I am seeing is foreign made that is affordable. Some Remington, and Winchester, but at crowding 30 bucks a box, I'll pass.

I am also seeing a reduction in prices for AR-15's. The number of rifles for sale are picking up nicely on the market, both new and used. I am also seeing some large capacity magazines in stock, and going for a lower price though still again, too high. At least there is some movement, and thats better than the last 2-3 months.

It's always stirred up for a while when a liberal gets elected, then it settles down until the next election that gets screwed up. I remember when the clinton family was elected president. It was a mess trying to get components then too, but it's been much worse the last 2 elections. Nothing wrong with stocking up though, no matter the time frame.

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.