Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 17:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new york took my guns
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 21:33 
Trapper
Trapper

the new york law makers just passed a new law that takes my 7 round and up magz illeagel and reclassified the assualt weapon as one traite instead of two, band them and made it a felony to have, and bying ammo will now be recorded and you aloud so many in one year this is bad men real bad next is your state stop it ,we tried they snuck in and voted, law suit is being looked at the gun owners of new york have got a lawer trying the leaggel way first

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 21:59 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

So your'e saying that my Mini-14 is now outlawed in NY state and the people having such and other "assualt weapons" (do you have a list of what their hit parade) are now felons if they keep them in state? What are people who own these guns supposed to do with them, sell them to the state?? Just shows how stupid politicos are in NY state because the SCOUS just ruled on similar bans in the past few years (Chicago's refusal to issue a permit to a shop owner to own a pump shotgun as well as D.C.'s 30+ year ban of handguns). SCOUS upheld the 2nd Admenment both times. Your NY law also violates several other parts of the Consitution, such as making behavior (owning a certain item) retroactively illegal. It will be intersting to watch the legal cases get set up against it.

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 22:04 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

NYdogtrapper wrote:
the new york law makers just passed a new law that takes my 7 round and up magz illeagel and reclassified the assualt weapon as one traite instead of two, band them and made it a felony to have, and bying ammo will now be recorded and you aloud so many in one year this is bad men real bad next is your state stop it ,we tried they snuck in and voted, law suit is being looked at the gun owners of new york have got a lawer trying the leaggel way first

Although, I disagree with this law much like the "Brady Bill"...
If you already own them, you are 'grandfathered' in. Which means you can still keep them as long as they are registered.

BTW, Happy Birthday NYdogtrapper!

Last edited by hillbilly on 15 Jan 2013, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 22:11 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

NonPCfed wrote:
So your'e saying that my Mini-14 is now outlawed in NY state and the people having such and other "assualt weapons" (do you have a list of what their hit parade) are now felons if they keep them in state? What are people who own these guns supposed to do with them, sell them to the state?? Just shows how stupid politicos are in NY state because the SCOUS just ruled on similar bans in the past few years (Chicago's refusal to issue a permit to a shop owner to own a pump shotgun as well as D.C.'s 30+ year ban of handguns). SCOUS upheld the 2nd Admenment both times. Your NY law also violates several other parts of the Consitution, such as making behavior (owning a certain item) retroactively illegal. It will be intersting to watch the legal cases get set up against it.

Hope this helps...The bill limits magazines to seven bullets; increases penalties for gun crimes; gives the state more power to take away guns from mentally ill people; and bans semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have a "military-style feature," such as a bayonet lug. The ban goes into effect immediately. People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 23:45 

hillbilly wrote:
NonPCfed wrote:

Hope this helps...The bill limits magazines to seven bullets; increases penalties for gun crimes; gives the state more power to take away guns from mentally ill people; and bans semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have a "military-style feature," such as a bayonet lug. The ban goes into effect immediately. People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.

and registration always precedes what?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 00:03 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

TrapperAL wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
NonPCfed wrote:

TrapperAl- Everywhere in the USA, the law states that you must register your guns. It has been this way for many years. Surely, you understand this.

So, why do you try to bring it up now?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 07:16 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

We don't have to register them in Maine,Yet!
Ray

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 09:03 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Sorry about the new law NYdogcatcher! Common sense has been over run by Political Correctness. You will note as you look back over recent history events about the US, it was in the mid-60s that all this started in motion. It isn't hard to figure how it got to where it is now. To not be so down in the mouth, I thought I'd share this tale an old man once shared with me:

A man was taken to court for stealing a milk cow and as he sat waiting his turn in front of the Judge (a very severe man) he noted that a man ahead of him was charged with murdering another man. This guy ended up with 5 years in the pen and 2 years probation. As the cow thief went before the Judge, the Judge gave him 15 years hard labor! Asked by the Judge if he had any thing to say, the cow thief asked why the murderer got 5 yrs and probation and he is getting 15 yrs hard labor......the Judge's reply was,"Son, some folks need killing but no cow needs stealing". I sure wish we had SMART OFFICIALS like that these days! :?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 09:40 
Trapper
Trapper

hillbilly wrote:
NYdogtrapper wrote:

If you already own them, you are 'grandfathered' in. Which means you can still keep them as long as they are registered.

there is no grand father clause if you own one you must sell it to an out of state dealer and as far as the assault part goes it just has to be one traight that millitary gun has very open and yes your AR-15 is illeagel in new york if you have a 10-22 that comes with a ten round clip you must register it as if it was a pistol and only have seven rounds in it and now you have to reregister the guns every five years

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 09:44 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

NYdogtrapper wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
NYdogtrapper wrote:

there is no grand father clause if you own one you must sell it to an out of state dealer and as far as the assault part goes it just has to be one traight that millitary gun has very open and yes your AR-15 is illeagel in new york if you have a 10-22 that comes with a ten round clip you must register it as if it was a pistol and only have seven rounds in it and now you have to reregister the guns every five years

Is this any surprise to folks about New York? In a state where in just one city a mayor can rule what size drinks are LEGAL??????

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 16:44 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

NYdogtrapper wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
NYdogtrapper wrote:

Wow. I hope that kind of ignorant law making doesnt reach anywhere else, though thats unlikely

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 07:59 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Sounds like one of those laws they passed here in 96. Hasnt stopped the criminals from owning the banned weapons though.
No semis, repeaters, pump shotguns, restricted mag capacity etc :(
I feel for you NYT, laws made to keep the voters happy. Wont make an iota of difference in crime rates.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 10:08 
Trapper
Trapper

black dog wrote:
Sounds like one of those laws they passed here in 96. Hasnt stopped the criminals from owning the banned weapons though.
No semis, repeaters, pump shotguns, restricted mag capacity etc :(
I feel for you NYT, laws made to keep the voters happy. Wont make an iota of difference in crime rates.

Thank you for posting black dog we need to hear from someone thats gone threw worst than us and letting us know whats coming, so your not allowed pump shot guns and that made it save there sorry to hear that

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 14:47 

hillbilly wrote:
TrapperAL wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
NonPCfed wrote:

TrapperAl- Everywhere in the USA, the law states that you must register your guns. It has been this way for many years. Surely, you understand this.

Simply expressing a historical viewpoint.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 14:53 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

TrapperAL wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
TrapperAL wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
NonPCfed wrote:

Simply expressing a historical viewpoint.

Go view Texas Gun Laws Made Simple and one of the Q&As will be:

Q: I just moved to Texas, do I have to register my firearms?

A: No, there is no state registration of firearms.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 16:27 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I'm sorry guys. Y'all are correct. I stand before you with my head down.

I just figured that when I had my FFL and sold, new or used, weapons that the paperwork listing name, address, body description, SS#, model and serial # of each gun I sold, was (more or less) registering that gun. Even though I had kept the paperwork, I felt there was a link tying that gun to the buyer.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 17:16 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Do you guys need a firearms licence to be able to buy firearms?

All ours are registered, gun safes, and a pain in the butt and a long wait to get your licence (it shouldnt be that way but they do drag it out longer than should be necessary. Random firearm and gun safe checks (I havent had one yet but know others that have) Proof of need- property/farm letters or rifle/pistol range memberships.
Amazing how quickly one government can turn things around to what has been normal in a country for so many years.. and for what!! Not like they are getting a mindblowing change in crime reports and statistics, just appeasing the plebs. Making it harder for the honest bloke and no different for the crims- 'they' say it stops stolen weapons being used in crime when its a known fact alot of the handguns (like the crim is going to walk around with a single shot or boltaction long barreled rifle to do their jobs) are shipped in brand new. HOw are tighter laws on licenced and registered firearm owners going to stop that happening?

Governments and stupid decisions are about the only thing that really riles me up :evil:

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2013, 09:06 
Trapper
Trapper

black dog wrote:

Governments and stupid decisions are about the only thing that really riles me up :evil:

Sorry guys but this gets me outraged too and if you don't get oturaged then you're sheep the old saying give them an inch the will take a mile I don't own a AR-15 but if I want one I should be able to buy one and now I have to take the pistol grip off my turkey gun because it's a millitary feature we have a year to apply(apply more like fight it with every min i can)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2013, 22:40 
Trapper
Trapper

While they're at it, why dont they make meth and heroin illegal too. :--o 8|- :roll: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 10:16 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I agree haha why dont we make drugs illegal and then maybe the bad people wanting to sell them wont be able to get them so easily haha...the bleeding hearts and people who dont have a clue out side of there big city cake eater lives thinks this will somehow make them feel better...

Badgers--11
Mink--8
Rats--257
grinners--39
beaver--12