Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 04:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Protect Your Gun Rights
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2013, 13:29 

Here is a fast way to send your representatives a letter. Please take 5 minutes.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

It took me less than 2 minutes to complete.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2013, 14:12 
Trapper
Trapper

In addition, to help with legal costs of defending our freedoms, join at least 1 of the following:

Gun Owners of America
or
Second Amendment Foundation
or
NRA
or
CCKBA--Citizens Committee to Keep and Bear Arms

as a plus there is a magazine, rental car discounts, motel discounts, etc..........

Joining NRA is free now, considering you get a $25 Bass Pro gift card in return, and they've reduced life membership from 1K to $300.

The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 15:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

A friend of mine (who was born in Canada and greatly enjoys his ability in SD to carry a piece on him if he so desires) and I took our 3 boys (12-13) out to a gun rights rally on Saturday that was held at our state's capitol out in Pierre (that city of about 15,000 people is 200+ miles from here). My friend and I were a bit bummed that only about 80-100 people showed up but it had been sort of last minute planned thing, sponsored by the South Dakota Open Carry- Sioux Falls Chapter gun rights group.

But even with a small crowd in a lightly populated state, I think it was worth it. First, we got to met inside the capitol, in the lobby of rotuna (we sat on the stairs of the "grand straircase"), and only basically had to sign in to get inside (no metal detectors, no frisking, etc.)--our state insitutions are still basically open to the people. In a lot of states around the country, the people don't have such easy access. Second, it was a good learning experience for the boys, seeing grass roots democracy in action. After the rally got over, the boys got to see the SD's Senate chambers, as well as the SD House of Representatives (no guards present to stop us from going in and seeing what the rooms looked like).

Anyway, the "hottest" gun issue going on at the state level in SD, is granting local school systems the ability to have members of their staff carry concealed if they so wish (I think the SD legislature just plans to ignore the federal "gun free zone" law--only fitting when the current adminstration has ignored enforcing current federal law in many occasions).

I'm gald we went. Here's a pix of the rally as if was going:

Genesis 1:26