Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 15:59

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Surgical Update
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 09:00 
As some of you know, I had surgery on Thursday. The goal was to free up the nerve that had been damaged and do some repair work. Unfortunately, when they went in, the trunk of the nerve was only about 25% of the size it should have been, and the ends had been pulled free from the muscle. This means that the nerve is irrepairable and cannot be fixed. So, now I have 2 more surgeries ahead of me, a tendon transfer and an ankle stabilization surgery. Those two surgeries should remedy the foot drop, and straighten and strengthen my ankle preventing it from flipping left to right which has been what has been preventing my walking without assistance so far. Anyway, I'm still in very much pain right now so I'mgoing to go, but just an update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 11:08 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Bit, I hope your surgery's go well and it solves your foot problems .I wonder if you would share some information with me. I have had a ankle injure for 5 years now and it continually get's worse .I'am considering getting something done with it,what was the nature of your injure and what did they say they could do for it.when the air pressure changes [like before a weather front moves through] mine hurts so bad I cant even walk on it for awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 21:21 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Hang in there Elizabeth. At least you have a better idea now of what to expect. I hope it all goes well for you.

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2007, 08:57 
There's nothing structurally wrong with my ankle or foot. The injury I had was to my knee back in August. The issues with my ankle instability stem from a lack of nerve communication, meaning the muscles aren't working to keep my foot and ankle in operation. So the surgeries they're discussing are putting rods in my ankle to prevent side to side movement, and a tendon transfer where they take the tendon from the inside of my foot and move it to the outside of my foot to straighten it and lift my toes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2007, 09:15 
Trapper
Trapper

Lil Bit wrote:
There's nothing structurally wrong with my ankle or foot. The injury I had was to my knee back in August. The issues with my ankle instability stem from a lack of nerve communication, meaning the muscles aren't working to keep my foot and ankle in operation. So the surgeries they're discussing are putting rods in my ankle to prevent side to side movement, and a tendon transfer where they take the tendon from the inside of my foot and move it to the outside of my foot to straighten it and lift my toes.

Sorry to hear about the medical problems. Fortunately, with the technological advancements in medicine we have these days and the fact that you are still young, you will get fixed up and heal in time to be on the trapline this coming season. Just don't plan on entering any butt-kickin' contests in the near future !!! Best of luck to you, Elizabeth !

Grinnergitter54

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2007, 09:48 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

good luck bit. we all love ya and hope the best for ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2007, 12:54 
Trapper
Trapper

Good luck bit hope they get ya going befor fall gets here to much fun to be layed up then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2007, 12:30 
Trapper
Trapper

Hope things turn out well for you!
Take care see you around maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2007, 16:36 
Got home last night/this morning depending on how you tell time (daylight/clock). I had complications with the anestesia and am very ill. I have to have injections twice daily which the copay for was 100 dollars for 30 days worth. That's the COPAY. That means the insurance has to pay 10 times that. Actually, 11 times that. they pay 1100, I pay 100. Anyway, I'm in a lot of pain. But, I got my first real cast. It's big, hard, heavy, boring, and itches like mad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2007, 19:13 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Hope you get to feel'n better .No fun being layed up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 09:02 
Trapper
Trapper

At least your toe nails look good and painted :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 09:12 
*roflmao* Thanks Bowhunter. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 09:20 
Trapper
Trapper

Hey, I always look at the positive side of things :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 18:14 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Bowhunter-turned-trapper? wrote:
At least your toe nails look good and painted :D

I was going to say the same thing. :D

Get well soon 'Bit.

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 23:44 
Trapper
Trapper

Lil Bit wrote:
Got home last night/this morning depending on how you tell time (daylight/clock). I had complications with the anestesia and am very ill. I have to have injections twice daily which the copay for was 100 dollars for 30 days worth. That's the COPAY. That means the insurance has to pay 10 times that. Actually, 11 times that. they pay 1100, I pay 100. Anyway, I'm in a lot of pain. But, I got my first real cast. It's big, hard, heavy, boring, and itches like mad.

Get well soon Elizabeth ! Sure was glad that my Daughter and I got to meet you at Goshen. Nice toenails !!!

grinnergitter54