Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 12:49

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 10:13 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Just curious if any here traps or has trapped Arizona? I did some research and saw no legholds on public land, other than that what other draw backs do they have? Im looking into the Greenvalley/Tuscon area. My daughter keeps trying to get me to move there but lol I will not even consider it if the trapping sux. Any feedback welcome, Thanks

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 13:16 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Really, no leg holds on public land in AZ!!! I can't believe that state has become wussified that bad. Too many so. Cali people and other "citidiots" moving in there. Unfortunately, AZ is mostly public land. There's some private irrigated farmland but almost all the shrub and grassland is various forms of public. Most of AZ is empty of people. Too bad a couple of big metro areas rule the roost :evil: !!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 22:30 
Trapper
Trapper

I've done a little trapping in Arizonia, and ya the no foothold thing is a bummer, or so I thought at first. Since I got into cage trapping I have enjoyed it more than footholds. Im not sure if it is the actual trapping or the design my own cages but it has been a blast and sometimes very frustrating. So if you like trapping fox or bobcats its a good place to be, just not for coyotes, unless you enjoy calling them.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 04:46 

NonPCfed wrote:
Really, no leg holds on public land in AZ!!! I can't believe that state has become wussified that bad. Too many so. Cali people and other "citidiots" moving in there. Unfortunately, AZ is mostly public land. There's some private irrigated farmland but almost all the shrub and grassland is various forms of public. Most of AZ is empty of people. Too bad a couple of big metro areas rule the roost :evil: !!

The same thing happened in Colorado.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 02:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well, there's a lot of pretty empty places in both AZ and CO where the granola munching, NPR listening, New Age and/or toy dog carrying, $500 purse or high heel shoe hipsters never will see. There may still be some steel getting planted in those more remote places by people who don't think the folks of Sedona or Boulder speak for them ;--) !!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 19:51 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

I trap northern AZ, in the Prescott area.
I generally run cages during the week close to home, and have permission to trap private land near ash fork.
Im just getting my wheels under me trapping wise, and only have a couple traps, but its still a rush.
In time, i am sure my results will improve.
As for the reasons why we're limited on tackle for trapping, the bunny huggers and granola muncher hipsters migrated here after they buf'd up CA, and decided it wasnt buf'd up enough for them, so they helped us buf it up.
However, the repercussions are being felt....the azgfd just opened up some sections to night hunt predators.
Lately, the urban sightings of yotes and cats have been increasing substantially.
I have heard of 3 in the past month alone, and the way this winter is heading, its going to get worse.
Guess they dont realize the benefits we bring until their $2500 dog becomes yote scat.....

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 19:56 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

itrapaz wrote:
Guess they dont realize the benefits we bring until their $2500 dog becomes yote scat.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2011, 00:48 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

doc9013 wrote:
itrapaz wrote:

Methinks im gonna have to have a chat with Jan again.....Brewer that is....
She's a wonderful lady, tremendously intelligent, and real down to earth.
Not a turd burglar average politician....
Have the talk where we discuss the pros and cons of steel on public land....cause thats where the yotes are!

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2011, 07:05 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

itrapaz wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
itrapaz wrote:

Methinks im gonna have to have a chat with Jan again.....Brewer that is....
She's a wonderful lady, tremendously intelligent, and real down to earth.
Not a turd burglar average politician....
Have the talk where we discuss the pros and cons of steel on public land....cause thats where the yotes are!

That is a good idea....sometimes you need to get a feel for how the TOP DOG feels so you don't waste time trying to work your way up to that point just to get shot down.