Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 14:08

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PROOF!!!
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 20:22 
Trapper
Trapper

i got a call the other day from my nephew and he was all worked up about a friend of his that i used to take fishing when there were youngins and he was telling me that he had talked to him on the phone and that he was the fastest in the 40 at the NFL combine and he is looking to probably go no later than the 3rd round of the draft this year and that i think is proof that if you get a kid boy or girl interested in some thing besides trouble it can do wonders !!!!!!! bye the way the kids name is allen barber be lookin for him come sundays or maybe on the lake or out in the woods

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007, 07:01 
Trapper
Trapper

Just plain awesome! And I'd say your right about the proof. But your probably not giving yourself and others enough credit for taking time with kids in the outdoors. I didn't have confidence in anything when I was younger except for my knowledge of the outdoors. My late father gets all the credit for giving me "something to believe in"!
Sounds like you did the same for this kid.

Give yourself a pat on the back---you deserve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2007, 10:31 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

i was asked to coach peewee football about 13 years ago on a team couldnt get volunteers 1 kid was awesome at any position great attitude and everything well acouple years ago was shown a newspaper article that he signed into minor league baseball it makes you think that some people do get what they work for in life