Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:40

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: snoopey sez
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 08:27 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I have this person living next door and I get this letter every year. This year it says about having a good insulated dog house with straw that is dry. She goes 60 miles to mail this letter thinking I do not know it is her. Well they have been gone all winter and they just get back and I get the letter. Da like I don't know it is her. Well I have a dog house that is in my garage that is insulated , The dog has a large enough enclosure only part is concrete say 1/3 of it some gras grows in this enclosure so I feel that it is big enough ,she can just barely fit in the dog house as I packed it so full of straw. I did have a door on it but she doesn't like that and always tears it off . She is a yellow lab with lots of fur I feed and water every day . I have a heated water dish. I pet her every day. I let her out once in a while but mostely go in to the kennel as it takes up a large portion of my back yard. She signs it Humane society . I don't care any more that I get these letters but what more can I do to appease this woman. I made her stop feeding my dogs tabel scraps as it is not healthy for my dogs . my dog is a hunting dog and I have never pottey trained her for in side. I have another dog that is in the house as she is 16 and not a dog to be out side . but that is not the one she is writing about she used to . I am thinking about putting up a fence so she doesn't see but the kennel is larger than most peoples in the area she needs to find a hobbey or somthing. Atleast I don't let my dogs roam the area like lots of others do. Oh it also states that it is expencive to have pets da I have two she has none. so how would she know. Well I will just have to smile and act like I don't know like I always have . I have never had the humane society say any thing to me or even send a letter. I am sure that they have stopped by and looked but there is nothing that they can do .I do not break the laws . Nosey neihbor I would like to say somthing but that would be pointless. she better stay in her yard. and not feed my dog junk I want her healthy not sickely .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 09:07 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

I'd say she is just nosey and, at this point in time, not a threat. I would save the letters for future reference though if it ever becomes a harassment issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 09:08 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

2000 I feel for you ,knock wood, I have great neighbors .I know how important it is to stay on good term's .But for the reason 's you stated you should let her know under no circumstance's is she to feed your dog unwanted and unask for food.I feed 2 coonhound's and 2 beagle's.As far as the letter's I would let her gently know that I was going to contact the H.S. and let them know I want off their mailing list because they support peta and vise versa.As a trapper let her know you dont support their way of looking at thing's.Then if she continues her behavior as before ,a 8 foot tall fence work's wonders. Put a big sign on it saying "survivor's will be prosecuted "

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 09:10 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Chieftain wrote:
Then if she continues her behavior as before ,a 8 foot tall fence work's wonders. Put a big sign on it saying "survivor's will be prosecuted "

Heck with the fence, just put the sign on the side of the kennel. :D :twisted: