Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 10:56

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009, 15:19 
Trapper
Trapper

I was told by a co-worker who went to the KDWP Commission meeting this week at Medicine Lodge, that the Commission approved new furharvester regs at their meeting. It sounded like the only thing that will affect us is that we no longer will have to get a hold-over form signed by the Conservation Officer, to allow us to hold furs past a certain date after the end of the season. Meaning, we can keep our furs from season to season if we want to, or not have to worry about selling by a certain date. In the past we could keep them longer if we got the correct form signed. Now, no form required! :D

Also, no new regs on body grip traps on public land. There was a concern that after the beagle/220 incident last winter, that folks would show up at the public meeting and succed in getting more restrictive regs imposed statewide. Evidently, that didn't happen.

I haven't seen anything official on these yet, but I trust the other guy, as he is also a trapper, and would have payed attention to this part of the public meeting.

Swifty

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 22:06 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

That is really good that they dumped the holdover permits. That was kind of a pain! Trapping is very valuable on public lands, especially where a lake or reservoir is concerned, the dang beaver are really hammering Hillsdale lake; so I would hope that they wouldn't screw with trappers very much. If hunters would read the regulations they would see that trapping is allowed on public lands and would keep that in the back of their minds. I try to set where quail hunters wouldn't be interested in going but you just never know. I could see a rabbit hunter messing around one of my sets though. That is just a chance everyone takes in trapping public lands, all have equal right to be there.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011, 14:21 
Trapper
Trapper

got this off kdwp

115-5-2. Furbearers and coyotes; possession, disposal, and general provisions. (a) Legally taken raw furs, pelts, skins, carcasses, or meat of furbearers may be possessed without limit in time.(b) Live furbearers legally taken during a furbearer season may be possessed only through the last day of the season in which taken.
(c) Legally acquired skinned carcasses and meat of furbearers may be sold or given to and possessed by another, and legally acquired raw furs, pelts, and skins of furbearers may be given to and possessed by another, if a written notice that includes the seller’s or donor’s name, address, and furharvester license number accompanies the carcass, pelt, or meat. A bobcat or swift fox tag as described in subsection (f) shall meet the requirements of written notice.
(d) Legally taken raw furs, pelts, skins, or carcasses of coyotes or legally taken live coyotes may be possessed without limit in time.
(e) Any person in lawful possession of raw furbearer or coyote furs, pelts, skins, or carcasses may sell or ship or offer for sale or shipment the same to licensed fur dealers or any person legally authorized to purchase raw furbearer or coyote furs, pelts, skins, or carcasses.
(f) Any bobcat or swift fox pelt legally taken in Kansas may be sold to any fur dealer or shipped from the state for the purpose of selling if an export tag provided by the department has been affixed to the pelt.
(1) The pelt of any bobcat or swift fox taken in Kansas shall be presented to the department for tagging within seven days following closure of the bobcat or swift fox hunting and trapping season.
(2) Each pelt presented for tagging shall be accompanied by the furharvester license number under which the pelt was taken.
(g) Properly licensed persons may legally salvage furbearers and coyotes found dead during the established open seasons for hunting or trapping of furbearers or coyotes. Salvaged furbearers and coyotes may be possessed or disposed of as authorized by this regulation. (Authorized by K.S.A. 32-807 and K.S.A. 32-942; implementing K.S.A. 32-807, K.S.A. 32-942, and K.S.A. 2008 Supp. 32-1002; effective March 19, 1990; amended Oct. 17, 1994; amended Nov. 29, 1999; amended July 19, 2002;