Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 09:14

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anybody out there??
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2007, 20:49 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Hopefully someone will see this, but it doesn't look like there is much action on this site in Alaska. I'm in Anchorage and looking to go coyote hunting with someone with some experience. I have hunted big game, upland birds and waterfowl since I was a kid, but have never had much luck with the fur animals except on my trapline. I have a predator gun that I'm working on a load for, some calls and plenty of camo. Also a pickup with a snowmachine on a trailer. Anybody want to share some calling expertise? My email is ithomas@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2007, 21:02 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I just joined this site and man is it quiet in the Alaska forum. Sorry, don't know much about hunting coyote or wolf for that matter. Like you I have been big game and upland bird hunting but not for coyote. I have had a few strange encounters with Red Foxes here in Dillingham but never when I have my .22. There all over here so if you are looking to get some nice foxes I bet you'll have great luck out here. We probably have the healthiest population of Spruce Grouse in State to. About a month ago I was hunting them along our main paved road that stretches from Dillingham to Aleknagik and saw 32 in total. Only bagged 8 but I was only using a single shot 410 and ran out of ammo. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one out there. Wish I could help you with the coyote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2007, 22:14 
Trapper
Trapper

If you pot a bat pile in a spit for a day or two you well get some to come in.

Post subject: Re: Anybody out there??
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 17:04 
Trapper
Trapper

Sneak into the area you wish to call. Use a call that sounds like the prey in your area, snowsoe hare etc. Use the wind and watch down wind as they like to use the wind against you. Minimise your movement. Call for 30 minutes with breaks from calling. Have a blast learning.

Good luck