Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 20:45

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 21:19 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

I'm sure most of you have heard that the Supreme Court is hearing a case related to the INDIVIDUAL right to own firearms. This will be a landmark case that will determine whether we are living in a free and Democratic nation or a police state. Pay close attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 19:25 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

id like to see um take my guns. ha but ill keep eye on case doc :D

Grey Fox-4
Rats-1.75

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 22:41 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

This is the reason I like to pick up some guns from the flea markets. No registering, plus the feds don't know you have it.

Keep us posted if you would doc. It would be appreciated.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. -Matthew 5:9

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 01:46 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

preacher you are right guns should be yours!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 06:50 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

First off, I hope you realize that ANY ISSUE that is decided by just a FEW is not always good for the many. Where politics are involved, things change and not always for the better. The gov't does not have to ban the sale of guns....just the sale of ammunition. How many of you know how to make gun powder? I know some probably reload, but without the products to use...it will be most difficult for the most of us. NEVER say NEVER when the gov't is involved....they do not represent the people in this day and time. Like Chieftain and I discussed some time ago about dog hunting....it was a culture here in the south...but it isn't any more. We organized clubs, payed dues, hired lawyers....and still eventually lost. When I was young only the cities had STOCK LAWS...we had OPEN RANGE. Fences were around property to keep livestock out of your yards and gardens. Also when I was young it was common to have a gun or two in your gun rack both at school and work. Smoking was allowed on school campus....we had an area disignated called the BULL PEN. Be as careful as you can of who you vote for....check out their sources and see which way they lean on such things as gun control, hunting, trapping, and other freedoms. Most of us who have served in the military understand that FREEDOM ISN'T FREE! Do the folks you vote for know this??? Let's hope and pray that the Supreme Court Judges are AWAKE and paying attention to the 2nd Amendment. It is probably hard to pay attention when you are in a job for LIFE and give yourself pay raises without any one HIGHER than you who can say "NO".

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 15:45 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Well stated swamprat, someone who who is a lot smarter than me once said, " a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves". We all need to pay close attention to this Presidential election. I am a democrat, but I will not vote for Clinton or Obama, because they both want a gun ban. But we also need to pay close attention to who we elect to congress. The President cannot sign a bill until congress passes it. You are exactly right about ammo, look how much the cost has risen just in the last year.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 08:02 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Up here our liberal government banned all hand guns with 25-36 caliber and any with barrels shorter than 4 inches as well as making us register all long guns[some people have not got around to do this yet] in 95. Our conservative government got in by saying they would stop the registration of the long gun. It hasn't happened yet and I am not sure what will be done. I believe your populace has more tolerance towards guns because of your second amendment. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so whoever does the most lobbying seams to win. And yes swamp rat I know how to make my own powder[black].

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2008, 15:25 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Do you have to have one of thse high dollar test tube looking things to make your own powder or can you make it without it. I sure would like to know how to make my own.

yote: 1
coon: 17
skunk: 4
cottontail: 1
grinners: quit countin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2008, 22:35 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

trappintime wrote:
Up here our liberal government banned all hand guns with 25-36 caliber and any with barrels shorter than 4 inches as well as making us register all long guns[some people have not got around to do this yet] in 95. Our conservative government got in by saying they would stop the registration of the long gun. It hasn't happened yet and I am not sure what will be done. I believe your populace has more tolerance towards guns because of your second amendment. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so whoever does the most lobbying seams to win. And yes swamp rat I know how to make my own powder[black].

WOH!!! You can't hunt with the legendary .30/'06? How can you survive up there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2008, 23:23 

Preacher yes we can still use the 30-06[little big for my liking], just the handguns were banned in those calibers.
TrApPeR read books to figure it out, I don't want to feel responsible for blowing anything up. Use wooden tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2008, 11:31 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

What handguns would you need in those calibers? The only handgun I need starts with a 4 of some sort. And you still get to use a .22. It would tick me off because they did take a right, but looking at it the ban doesn't seem as bad as it could be. Of course that could always be one little step towards the making of a big step in gun control.

What books can you get on making your own powder? Do you make your own black and smokeless powder, or just black?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 18:11 
Trapper
Trapper

Swamp Rat wrote:
How many of you know how to make gun powder?

lol i do. :D :D :D but i totally agree with swamp rat

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 20:15 

Preacher I guess I don't "need" any hand guns, But when you start life with the right to have say fifty things and the powers that be take away a small portion that you don't "need" and only a few (Hey, I am talking about a female canine here), then they take away a few more things at a time, pretty soon you find yourself with none of the fifty you started with and wished you had stood up and been heard at the beginning. Do not ever let them take something from you without being heard.
I make some black powder never smokeless. We started playing with the formulations in grade six[bad things happened]. Your military has some books that are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 21:29 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

I bought a military manual on explosives just to see what I can do. I just need to get my hands on some supplies to make the stuff go boom. So far all I can do is make my own fuzes out of string, black powder, and water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 21:52 

The fuses can be fun to figure out as some will burn slow enough and others will make you jump for your life as they burn a foot a second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 10:15 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

It just all depends on how think your cord is. I never thought you could make a fuse out of water and gunpowder. The two togather just seem kind of funny, but it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 10:54 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Where can I get a book on how to make gunpowder? A few hints on how to make it would be nice too :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 10:56 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Try and PM me if you can. Ill probably forget to look back in this secton. Thanks.